Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of the headlights on my 2007 Accent 3-door have blistering of the chrome plastic inside the headlight. This started a year or so ago, I asked about it at the dealership, but I never got a call. At the time my life was pretty hectic and the dealership is about a 45 minute drive from my house. I asked about it at least one other time when I was there for service, someone was going to check on it, and again I heard nothing more. I recently went for a recall item and I asked again, this time the tech noted it on the paperwork: "Misc Verified, Head Lights Have Inner Chrome Peeling, No Covered Under Warranty Past 60K, Cost To Replace Is $323.99 Each, Special Order Only". I contacted Hyundai USA, essentially, if out of warranty, out of luck. This isn't something I've ever seen on any car that I've owned, if I were to get new headlights, with labor I'm looking at 7 or 8 hundred dollars, and then what, have it happen all over again? It's inside of the headlight, it seems like something's wrong with these lights.

·
Super Moderator
3,773 Posts
Very common, unfortunately.

Mine blistered sometime after 60k. Stock bulbs, with a lot of headlamp usage (always left them on since the car lacked DRL's.) Purely cosmetic on mine, the portions of the reflector that mattered were ok. All the used ones I was finding on eBay had similar defects.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts