Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,

since about 5 days ago i have a problem with my 2003 hyundai getz (1.3i). sometimes i hear a knocking coming from the engine bay accompanied by a feeling of the car losing power. sometimes it only does it once and its really infrequent. ive also had 2 times now that my check engine light started flashing and the car noticeably started shaking also accompanied with the loss of power and not being able to accelerate. both times that this happened i stopped the car right away. ive heard it could be misfiring which could have a boat-load of reasons. i took it into the dealer yesterday, and they cleaned realigned the gas valve, after which it drove smoothly and like normal again for the day. this morning however, the problem with the blinking check engine light and loss of power happened again. anyone have an idea what are some of the causes of the problem i have been having, and maybe at what kind of cost i would look at having it fixed?

thanks in advance,

Jasper

·
Registered
23 Posts
In my head missfiring pops up. Propebly it will not help, but you can try exchange the spark plugs.

What error codes are stored in computer?

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
hello everyone,

since about 5 days ago i have a problem with my 2003 hyundai getz (1.3i). sometimes i hear a knocking coming from the engine bay accompanied by a feeling of the car losing power. sometimes it only does it once and its really infrequent. ive also had 2 times now that my check engine light started flashing and the car noticeably started shaking also accompanied with the loss of power and not being able to accelerate. both times that this happened i stopped the car right away. ive heard it could be misfiring which could have a boat-load of reasons. i took it into the dealer yesterday, and they cleaned realigned the gas valve, after which it drove smoothly and like normal again for the day. this morning however, the problem with the blinking check engine light and loss of power happened again. anyone have an idea what are some of the causes of the problem i have been having, and maybe at what kind of cost i would look at having it fixed?

thanks in advance,

Jasper
You will have a code of P030x where x is the offending cylinder. With this information we can help you test things to find the reason of the misfire.
Get the trouble code.

Best practices for requesting help:

* If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. Shows up to the left
* Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
* Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
* Do not double post for the same problem.
* Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
* VIN number can be very helpful.
* Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
* Describe the problem the best you can.
* Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
* If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.
* If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's an issue they see many times they will generate a safety recall or do a TSB. This is how they know.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
sorry for the late replies, ive recently invested in an error code reader and its indeed giving me a p0303 error code (cilinder 3 misfiring). i cannot change out the spark plugs myself because i dont have the right tools for the job unfortunatly. ill take it by my dealer soon to have it resolved. thanks for the help.
edit: as soon as the dealer does something ill update the thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts