Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.4L:
A couple months ago my car right blinker was acting up. It would blink normally once then rapidly. Fast forward to today and neither blinker works and they constantly stay lit, even when the car is off. This causes my battery to die after about 4 hours.

I brought the car to both a dealership and a private mechanic. The private mechanic said the instrument panel junction block module fuse was blown and needed to be replaced (upwards of $1K total), while the dealership said the problem is the aftermarket lights causing back feeding in the system. The car has LEDs in the interior lights, color changing LED strips on the ground, and aftermarket headlights.

I am not sure where to start with this. I cannot currently drive my car because I cannot use my blinkers so any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached the invoices in case it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,277 Posts
while the dealership said the problem is the aftermarket lights causing back feeding in the system.
That's not what it says on the invoice. The invoice says they want to disconnect all your additional non factory wiring before they even attempt to diagnose the problem, which seems quite sensible to me. Did you give them the "go ahead" to do that?

The independent repairer says the junction block is faulty but they don't tell us what tests they did to reach that conclusion, so it's impossible to judge how plausible that diagnosis really is.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Here is what I want you to do...

Get the lights stuck on,, then remove key from cylinder (key start) or shut down car (push button start)

Hopefully the lights still stay on,, that a screwdriver hamdle or 3/8 drive extension and firmly "RAP" the I/P junction box.. see if lights turn off with couple hits..

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,277 Posts
Have you seen this blinker fault before, @sbr711?

Are they still using the same dodgy relays that the old NF Sonata had?
Surely not!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Have you seen this blinker fault before, @sbr711?

Are they still using the same dodgy relays that the old NF Sonata had?
Surely not!
I dont know that it is "blinker",, susoect owber seeing the low watt orange stay illuminated at front corner (left & right),, and maybe tail lights ??

Or is the 2 green arrow (turn indicator on dash) illuminated to validate "blinker" (turn signal is proper definition)

Had Tucson with I/P box a little back,, all kind of light-wiper-window faults.. then another today with goofy stuff,, we had I/P (Smart Junction) box on shelf due to "Smart Stock",, customer declined,, almost $650 + tax

I think we have done couple I/P in YF, but I have not yet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts