Hyundai Forums banner

Blind Spots...

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  snapper41 
#1 ·
Having driven my car for about a week, I've noticed one significant blind spot and that's looking out the lower right corner of the windshield at the A pillar. It's kinda of thick there and a little higher because of the "chopped" look of the car. Other than that, the visibility is OK in spite of the "chopped" appearance.

#2 ·
Get yourself some blind spot mirrors. I don't know why they are not standard on all cars. I always get them, saved me a few times!

#6 ·
QUOTE (Charade @ Aug 6 2010, 08:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347534
I don't know how that would help because the A pillar blocks the view when you're trying to gauge where the right nose of the car is.
Sorry misread your post. You will get used to it, just drive careful and know your limits, watch out for the curbs!

#7 ·
QUOTE (Charade @ Aug 6 2010, 07:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347524
Having driven my car for about a week, I've noticed one significant blind spot and that's looking out the lower right corner of the windshield at the A pillar. It's kinda of thick there and a little higher because of the "chopped" look of the car. Other than that, the visibility is OK in spite of the "chopped" appearance.

is this your first car? or first time realizing a car can have blind spots??? all cars have them, just different spots.....

#8 ·
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Aug 6 2010, 03:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347621
is this your first car? or first time realizing a car can have blind spots??? all cars have them, just different spots.....
My, aren't you the cantankerous one. After more than 35 years of driving dozens of different cars over a million+ miles, I'd say that answers both your questions.

#10 ·
QUOTE (gregd71 @ Aug 6 2010, 07:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347720
i dunno about the pillars being a problem, but this is the first car i have yet to master precision parking with, especially with the windows up. cant see the ground right around the car.
Coming from a '99 Forester with GREAT visibility plus a S2000 sports car with obviously no issues with the top down, and in my first week with the Sonata, I too am having to adapt to the car's body shape and blind spots. Interesting :)

#11 ·
QUOTE (Bald1 @ Aug 6 2010, 11:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347728
... plus a S2000 sports car with obviously no issues with the top down, ...
Yeah, I had a convertible before the Sonata, too.

With the top up, my Sebring had way larger blind spots than the Sonata.

Virtually every car has different blind spots than every other car.

The important thing is that the driver is not blind.

:whistling:

#12 ·
..>>>The important thing is that the driver is not blind.>>>

Thor, ( Black Doxie ) My guide dog of eight years has my back on those spots .

Once while in a gift shop browsing the shop owner related that only service dogs were allowed and that I would have to take my Doxie outside. I looked in the general direction of her voice and replied to her , " You mean they gave me a Wiener guide Dog. " She allowed us to finish shopping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.