Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passenger side Blindspot started staying on and coming on intermittently.
At first dealer said it was very sensitive and picking up mailboxes. Told them it had just started doing it. So they kept it, said the adjusted it and Service manager drove for 20 minutes no issues (Total of 4 miles on car since I dropped it off)
As soon as I left dealership it cam on again.
Took it back couple days later and Technician rode with me. He verified there was an issue. New sensor on order will see how that goes.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
There is no adjustment to be made... First thing they should have done is "key on" and watch LRD at each mirror to see if it come on for few second, then turn off

Next would be complete Fault Code Search of all onboard modules, looking for codes in left BSD and right BSD

Only "adjustment" we can do is calibrate left and right using GDS,, no physical contact adjust to be made,, both unit bolt rear of body, hidden by rear bumper cover

Kona,, problems already... I get to go to Kona New Model here before too long

Reactions: tegunn

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got 1200 km on my kona and i get a blind spot system error, system goes off line with orange triangle lit on dash, light in switch also goes off, after 10 km goes back on took to dealer, no codes found, recalbrated drove about 160 km yelp back on, put call into dealer going to call hyundai canada to see solutions

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue with the passenger side bsd. Was told the sensor is probably dirty. I do have an oil change appointment in a few weeks. I would like to clean it myself to see if that would resolve the issue before the appt but I’m having difficulty finding the sensor inside the bumper

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I have the same issue with the passenger side bsd. Was told the sensor is probably dirty. I do have an oil change appointment in a few weeks. I would like to clean it myself to see if that would resolve the issue before the appt but I’m having difficulty finding the sensor inside the bumper
No reason ideally for it to be dirty.. you would need to remove rear bumper cover to even get near the BSD unit..

Have not hit anything that would have push cover back into radar face ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts