Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2016 2.0T Limited Adventure Package SF. I have 66000km and bought it used with 50000. I have had an error message now three times. The first time I took it in they said it needed to be re-aligned. Problem went away after that all seemed fine. Then I was pulling my 17ft boat and it came back again. Then a couple days later it was ok. Just the other day it happened again and has not fixed itself. Are you suppose to turn off the BS system when towing or it messes with the sensors? Anyone else have the same problem?
Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had mine fail before and needed to be recalibrated and it was fine after that for quite awhile, but recently it started giving an error when it's raining and I'm driving on highway home. It does work again after a shutdown/restart.
I don't think you need to disable it for towing

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Blind side modules are essentially small radar arrays located in the quarter panels of most vehicles. Although they are not looking at items directly behind the vehicle, they can detect things such as trailers under the right conditions and depending upon the profile of the trailer. I would not consider any issues that occur only when towing as being a problem. I would expect that the system will see the trailer at times and be unhappy about it. If the problem persists without the trailer then it would be a good idea to have it checked.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Shortly after I got my 2016 SFS I would get an occasional BSD error and I was not pulling a trailer. I did have the trailer hitch and harness on that car. The problem ended up being the towing wire harness interfering with the sensor. The dealer rerouted the harness and the problem never came back.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My 2015 disable BDS when I have my bike rack on with bikes. However, my wife's 2014 never disables it regardless of what's on the hitch. Also, my 2015 disabled in heavy rain several times but my wife's 2014 never did----even in heavy snow.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Disabling for rain or snow is unusual but I suppose possible if it is torrential rain / very heavy snow. If you have a heavy buildup of snow, ice, road salt, dirt etc.. on the exterior body where or near to where the arrays are located then yes, they can disable. I live in a heavy snow location and only had it disable once since purchased in 2015. Cleaning heavy road salt from the body solved that. When we had an addition added to our home I had the plumbers run a hot water feed to a separate external spigot so that I would at least hose the bodies down even in winter conditions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts