Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So, when I'm driving in rain (real rain, not drizzle or road spray) and the Blind Spot Detection system is activated, it gives a visual and audio warning that it is inoperative. The message can not be deleted unless the car is turned off. Anyone else finding this? Where is the sensor for the BSD?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
2 BSD unit,, LR & RR

1 is master, 2nd is slave

Scan for codes, go from there

·
Registered
559 Posts
So, when I'm driving in rain (real rain, not drizzle or road spray) and the Blind Spot Detection system is activated, it gives a visual and audio warning that it is inoperative. The message can not be deleted unless the car is turned off. Anyone else finding this? Where is the sensor for the BSD?
Yes, that's noted in the manual. I've had it happen in heavy rain and also in wet snow. After I cleared the rain it reset itself about ten minutes later. If the sensor, which I believe is on the rear bumper, is covered with slush you'll need to wipe it off.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes, that's noted in the manual. I've had it happen in heavy rain and also in wet snow. After I cleared the rain it reset itself about ten minutes later. If the sensor, which I believe is on the rear bumper, is covered with slush you'll need to wipe it off.

You are correct. According to the Clilton on-line library, there are two radar sensors for blind spot detection in the rear bump.

·
Registered
141 Posts

You are correct. According to the Clilton on-line library, there are two radar sensors for blind spot detection in the rear bump area.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Interestingly, that's a reason why repair costs are higher on new cars. Even a low-speed hit to either bumper, one that leaves no traces, can damage a thousand dollars of electronics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts