Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded from a 2013 gls in silver to a 2013 black limited. absolutely no mods yet and im undecided about what to do with the look and direction i want to go.

Long story short post your Black Sonatas so i can see what youve done and get an idea of what i want to do. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Before the wrap:

After:

Yes I'll admit I DO miss the black as in the purple it looks kind of naked and too clean.... but with black it would get dirty within a few hours after cleaning.... after wrapping it's much easier to maintain a clean look... guess there are pro's and con's to everything

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,286 Posts
Love the looks of the black. Agree with Yefeng that the cleaning is a bit much since black shows dirt way too easily.

Also, prior to the sled I had already had 2 black cars (1 HHR and 1 Protege5). My favorite color is red and the Sonata brochure had a red SE on the cover. So Venetian Red was my destiny:D:D

Props to "noir" cars. Keep em clean:cool:

·
Registered
141 Posts
bigboomer...

The only thing I've done to my Phantom Black 2011 Limited is window tinting and tag frames. Love the look and gotten tons of compliments, but, I gotta admit, both Yoshi's and yefeng's rides blow it away. Good work guys.

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
dressed for your Funeral.
why did you not black out the door handles like you did the rest of the chrome on the car? just wondering

Before the wrap:

After:

Yes I'll admit I DO miss the black as in the purple it looks kind of naked and too clean.... but with black it would get dirty within a few hours after cleaning.... after wrapping it's much easier to maintain a clean look... guess there are pro's and con's to everything
for some reason your after pic isnt showing up for me

·
Registered
2013 Sonata SE
248 Posts
ok now it showed haha..i like the color but that spoiler looks big imo...still a clean wrap!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i wondered about blacking out the rims but i feel it steals some of the pop and contrast. im on the fence about doing anything other then tint. not gunna lower it. although i want to its a lease and i lowered my acura cl before this car and lost all passenger functionality.

i do like this thread and all your cars look great.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Before the wrap:

After:

the purple looks good but i prefer the black, not a fan of matte surfaces. i like shine and reflection but thats just me. going bronze with the wheels was a great choice though.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts