Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this combination? It's yet another thing I'm thinking of doing but would like to see if someone has this rather than spend the $288+ to find out myself.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
link?

·
Registered
389 Posts
You boys know that Rocketrace1 has this right? His car isn't Whiteville but ill give you a good idea of the projector headlight as well as the DRL that comes with it and even the cut off line.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Does anyone have this combination? It's yet another thing I'm thinking of doing but would like to see if someone has this rather than spend the $288+ to find out myself.
Bro, you and me are always on the same page. Great minds think alike!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
As your car looking right now I prefer white housing & black projector or black housing & white projector!!!
That would be awesome:)

·
Registered
207 Posts
As Lou said. I think a black housing projector will be stunning on a white car with the contrast. Besides, you already have dark colored grills that should match up with a black housing projector. You will love it...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bro, you and me are always on the same page. Great minds think alike!
Thanks man, I agree with that 100%. Seems like we have the same taste!

As Lou said. I think a black housing projector will be stunning on a white car with the contrast. Besides, you already have dark colored grills that should match up with a black housing projector. You will love it...
You guys don't make it easy to hold off on this, lol.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I had bad experience with DEPO headlights, so I wont recommend these black as you mention...Projectors they use are crappy garbadge, however the style looks great.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had bad experience with DEPO headlights, so I wont recommend these black as you mention...Projectors they use are crappy garbadge, however the style looks great.
I appreciate the feedback, it looks like rocketace1 has had great luck with them though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Here's my black projectors on my white Elantra. I'll post another pic later today of the side view so you can see the black and white contrast more. They look great, and I've been very happy with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
How are these projectors during night? I mean they look awesome but how is brightness during night? I have stock reflectors with HID 10k bulbs. In my country (Panama) I have seen a lot of Elantras with projectors but the light output is poor... :(

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's my black projectors on my white Elantra. I'll post another pic later today of the side view so you can see the black and white contrast more. They look great, and I've been very happy with them.
SWEET!!! I'll be waiting for the picture!

·
Registered
115 Posts
How are these projectors during night? I mean they look awesome but how is brightness during night? I have stock reflectors with HID 10k bulbs. In my country (Panama) I have seen a lot of Elantras with projectors but the light output is poor... :(
Pretty good during the night. They shipped with H7 halogens in the projectors which were very good at night. I was previously running H11 6000k in my stock housings. I've since upgraded the projectors to H7 HID bulbs and the output is pretty good at night. Still requires the high beams at times, but the light output from the projectors with the HIDs is very focused and bright.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Pretty good during the night. They shipped with H7 halogens in the projectors which were very good at night. I was previously running H11 6000k in my stock housings. I've since upgraded the projectors to H7 HID bulbs and the output is pretty good at night. Still requires the high beams at times, but the light output from the projectors with the HIDs is very focused and bright.
x2...

There are quite a few different sellers on EBay, so indeed buyers beware. You will want these aftermarket projectors to be able to project the light output correctly. Mine does excellently for a price <$300. I should know cos all my cars have HIDs and pretty excellent ones from Audi, BMW and Mercedes.... As for the intensity of the light output, this will depend in large part on the quality of the HID bulb/ballast installed. Good quality HIDs will give excellent light output as well, so invest in quality HID conversion setup.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks for telling me this now between this:
2011 2013 Elantra Brightest LED Black LED SMD D R L Projector Headlight w Halo | eBay

or
For Elantra 2011 2013 Up Projector Headlights Halo Black Clear Amber CCFL | eBay

Which ones are better? They look pretty similar.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Your second link is the set I have. They are manufactured by a company called Eagle Eyes. I've seen the top link ones on ebay but never in person. The difference between them looks to be the LED strip.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Your second link is the set I have. They are manufactured by a company called Eagle Eyes. I've seen the top link ones on ebay but never in person. The difference between them looks to be the LED strip.
Well I hope someone has the first set on the link :) to see how are those projectors.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts