Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally finished a couple mods I've had in the works. Replaced the factory grill with one from Shark Racing and tinted the tail lights and side markers.

I'm trying to keep my mods as classy as possible and not over do it. Let me know what you guys think.

So the tail lights, I sent out to get tinted. Ended up taking about 2 weeks from shipped to received back so it's not something I'd reccomend (was supposed to be out of the country most of that time, the car sitting for 2 weeks is no fun). I think they turned out great though and are exactly what I wanted. Maybe the side markers a bit darker...

I think the grill looks great too. Some people might not like the chrome strip but I think it brings together the headlights and side chrome strips. On that note, contrary to what anyone says, it is not a hyundai part and does not attach like the factory grill. It is basically just an aftermarket part just like most of them. It is basically held in on the bottom by pressure and on the top I had to use self-tapping screws. It was a bummer to have to do that and the quality on the piece was a bit lacking.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think it looks extra clean. i was throwing around the idea of tinting my tails before my chrome overlays came in from sharkracing, but i can't let me car sit for 2 weeks. cost wise how much did it hurt the pockets??????

i was thinking as well of buying the sharkracing non emblem grill soon too, but now from what you're saying it doesn't look like its worth the time or effort or money, i'll just roll with the big "h" on the front.

can i ask where you sent your tails just for sh!ts and giggles????????????

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (itsjusme51 @ Jun 4 2010, 05:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329777
I think it looks extra clean. i was throwing around the idea of tinting my tails before my chrome overlays came in from sharkracing, but i can't let me car sit for 2 weeks. cost wise how much did it hurt the pockets??????

i was thinking as well of buying the sharkracing non emblem grill soon too, but now from what you're saying it doesn't look like its worth the time or effort or money, i'll just roll with the big "h" on the front.

can i ask where you sent your tails just for sh!ts and giggles????????????

+1. Sharkracing isn't the only place that sells those grills. So you could always looks somewhere else.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Iceberg802, I hope you could answer a question for me :thumbsup:

Was the grill installation just the same as the factory grill? I ask because I thought I read somewhere that the grill you installed gets taped on not screwed/clipped in like the factory one.

I really like that grill, though the all black version, but I also LOVE the Genesis grill and there is one available for the Sonata!

http://www.superichmotors.com/front/php/pr...display_group=1

I really wish it was available in all chrome. The only other problem I see with the Genesis type grill is the huge openings. A screen would have to be installed to protect the condenser.

By the way, I can't believe you waited two weeks for the tail light tint. I have a buddy that has done some for me on past vehicles and I get them back in two days max. The look real nice though, not too black. Great job to whoever did them.

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys

I used Jon's Tinted Tails (has a website) and judging from that it seemed to me that the turn around time would be much much less, but I guess I assumed the shipping would be quicker because of the importance of the pieces being shipped. I could have done it myself, or found somewhere local, but his reputation was already great and it turned out awesome. Cost me quite a bit, about $150 or so including return shipping.

The color match on the grill isnt perfect, but you really can't tell a difference. I think the end result turned out very nicely and seems to be holding in good, I was just expecting it to mount like the factory grill. I had to use stainless screws to hold it in, and now if I get down low and look at the grill (about hood latch level) I can see the bolts shining. But no one is really down that low so shouldn't be an issue. Thanks again. Next mod is cupholder lights

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (Quigley21 @ Jun 5 2010, 01:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329988
Nice job.... well done.

Cup Holder lights sounds interesting, don't forget to post pics after completion........ :thumbsup:

+2+3+4! Keep us updated on the cup holder lights. I wish there was more information on those. I like them but don't know if there is a way to dim the lights. I would hate to drive at night with the lights blaring at my eyes.

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (TheMoose @ Jun 5 2010, 01:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330009
+2+3+4! Keep us updated on the cup holder lights. I wish there was more information on those. I like them but don't know if there is a way to dim the lights. I would hate to drive at night with the lights blaring at my eyes.
Yeah part of the issue is going to be doing it 'classy' and not 'bright ricer blue'. Not sure what lights you're talking about, but if they're LEDs you can always lower the voltage going to them to make them less bright. Pretty much putting mine together from scrap so we'll see how it goes. Will keep you updated

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (Iceberg802 @ Jun 5 2010, 05:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330077
Yeah part of the issue is going to be doing it 'classy' and not 'bright ricer blue'. Not sure what lights you're talking about, but if they're LEDs you can always lower the voltage going to them to make them less bright. Pretty much putting mine together from scrap so we'll see how it goes. Will keep you updated

Oh, I thought you were talking about these...

I guess you are going to use LED strips. I'm going to use LED strips, just like I did on my old car, and do this(not my old car)....

·
Banned
630 Posts
IMO the black grill does not look good with the chrome strip on the hood...maybe spray tint it darker???

·
Registered
854 Posts
love the tail, not a fan of the front.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts