Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this black fog light cover set for my Sonata.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-Hyunda...sQ5fAccessories

But after holding them in place I found I liked Chrome better...

I purchased and installed the chrome.

The Black set is new, never installed and the tape is still on the 3M adhesive.

I paid $48 plus @20 shipping...

Anyone interested pm me, $35 plus only the exact shipping charges to your house. I still have the packing and box and they are light.

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (Africanstar @ Jul 7 2010, 09:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339681
i ordered my chrome kit for the front and back about 3 weeks ago. i just got them today.
what do you think?
Sure looks good on the white with the other chrome.

:thumbsup:

I'd probably do the black on my "Silver Blue".

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Africanstar @ Jul 7 2010, 09:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339681
i ordered my chrome kit for the front and back about 3 weeks ago. i just got them today.
what do you think?
IMO, I think it looks gaudy and cadillac-ish, but without the luxury that cadillac offers

the backs just make the already fugly reflectors even fuglier and more noticeable

·
Registered
24 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 8 2010, 07:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339774
IMO, I think it looks gaudy and cadillac-ish, but without the luxury that cadillac offers

the backs just make the already fugly reflectors even fuglier and more noticeable
i was just sitting in a dunkin donuts drinking my coffee looking at an escalade esv thinking "holy crap that is gaudy!"

keep the blacks ones but get them painted piano black...

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (akhosha2 @ Jul 8 2010, 11:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339831
i was just sitting in a dunkin donuts drinking my coffee looking at an escalade esv thinking "holy crap that is gaudy!"

keep the blacks ones but get them painted piano black...
I say toss em all and stay body color!

·
Registered
603 Posts
To each his own, but since we're asking people's opinions, I am not a fan of the look either.

Ive certainly seen much worse in the vein of "stick on chrome", but to me it looks out of place. Most modern cars do not look good with too many chrome accents. Its fine on SOME cars, and most trucks, but I dont think the Sonata looks right with those pieces.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I am going to buck the trend and say I "kinda" like them. Having said that I don't think I will be putting these on my car. Kudos to you for taking a risk.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I only installed the moldings on the front. So yeah I like those. But I have to agree with NT2SHBBY about the reflectors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
wow, i didnt realize these little pieces of chrome would cause such a stir, especially to n2shbby.
the iphone pics dont really do the front pieces justice. after installing the back ones, i do agree with most of you, they do look pretty cheezy.
what can i say, i really do think the front look good. but to each his own.

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (Africanstar @ Jul 9 2010, 11:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340442
wow, i didnt realize these little pieces of chrome would cause such a stir, especially to n2shbby.
the iphone pics dont really do the front pieces justice. after installing the back ones, i do agree with most of you, they do look pretty cheezy.
If people flame you for modding your car theres no reason to post it up and share it with the community. This Sonata forum has more flamers than any forum on the net. I guess everyone feels that the Sonata can not be made better than it was the day it drove off the Montgomery assembley line.

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (Africanstar @ Jul 10 2010, 12:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340442
Agreed -

if we all liked exactly the same thing, how boring would life be?

Is the idea behind customizing to please yourself or others?

If yourself, then "don't worry, be happy".

If others, you'll never be able to do it because there will always be some who aren't happy.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I was going to order the same covers, but have since decided it was not for me, ( my opinion only). I do appreciate everyone that has shared and posted pictures. Some may not like it ,but tuff, more likely do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts