Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to The Tire Rack's web site they now have Bilstein struts and shocks for the 2013 GT's. They state they are special order and cost $184 for each strut and $132 for each rear shock. Who's going to the be first to try these lol.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Non adjustable... not sure I'd bother, but it's a good option other than the KYBs!

Linky link

·
Registered
672 Posts
Got the KYBs for the back already; it was a jittery back-end that was the biggest issue for me, which is now largely corrected.

Still, if someone who already had the rear KYBs done found a large difference with the fronts replaced then I could get excited and jump on the bandwagon too lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope KYB comes out with the front struts soon, I already have the rears and like everyone says they do make a difference so wonder what the fronts would do.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The front is very wobbly. It becomes the weakest part once the rear jitter is fixed.
I wonder if it's worth the investment to replace front struts or just trade the car for something else with the right DNA.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That was a very clear and detailed post. I would like to thank the members for producing the details here. I was planning to buy one of the best in these through online shopping. I am searching for the details for best processing with in less time and effort. Any one experienced in this or having any suggestions about this please produce here with out hesitating. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
560 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Non adjustable... not sure I'd bother, but it's a good option other than the KYBs!

Linky link

Yea, unlike the Konis, many Billies are usually tuned for a specific use. They can, however, be revalved and customized.

Service

But even the adjustable Konis are usually set and forget. Some adjust by taking out the shock and turning the housing or a valve under the dust cover so frequent adjusting isn't practical.

Koni North America - ITT

·
22,793 Posts
Bilstein and/or Koni are great products. Since I already have the KYB's on the rear, I'm patiently waiting for them to intro their strut onto store product shelves. Wish they'd hurry!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've used Bilsteins in the past on dirt bikes and liked the results so I'm sure their car products are just as good! I have the KYB's on mine but they would be another good choice IMO.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts