Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering what the biggest tire i can fit on the 18" factory wheel? 235/45 or 235/40? possibly 245/40 maybe 245/35? just wondering if anyone has deviated from the normal 225/45

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
QUOTE (Chads11SE @ Jun 15 2011, 08:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=461568
was wondering what the biggest tire i can fit on the 18" factory wheel? 235/45 or 235/40? possibly 245/40 maybe 245/35? just wondering if anyone has deviated from the normal 225/45
There's a member here that upgraded in size on his 18's. I believe his forum name is "Skywagon" and he did post pics.

I think he went with 245/45/18, but is having issues with rubbing in the rear.

Here's a thread from him with pics of the tires and the coilovers he recently installed: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t65443-neote...s-installed.htm

·
Registered
349 Posts
The member Skywagon installed 255/45/18 and while it fills up the wheel well to me it looks a little too big...
I'm surprised he decided to lower his car knowing that he was running tires already much bigger then stock.

The best size I've seen installed is 245/45/18 it gives the look of a full wheel well but doesn't look to big, it looks like it could be the stock size. there are few members that have done this size and all report better ride.

Once my stock tires wear out I will be installing a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS in that size (245/45) I love the look of them.

Note to Skywagon: I am not making any personal attacks towards you or your car, it looks better now that its lowered so ill give you that its just the sidewalls of the tires look too tall for the sportyness/luxury look of the car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you go to larger tires, can the computer be reprogrammed to refigure speed and mileage? Or are you just going wider and not taller?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
QUOTE (dfeicke @ Jun 16 2011, 05:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=461954
If you go to larger tires, can the computer be reprogrammed to refigure speed and mileage? Or are you just going wider and not taller?
Per Hyundai service; no. Hyundai chose to minimize the flashability of the ECM and related firmware and software. If there are going to be any changes, the factory wants to control them. Per my calcs, the speedometers would be most accurate with a tire diameter of about 26.9". I think this holds true for 2011 YF GLS, SE, and Limiteds. Turbo's and Hybrids, I can't speak for. That diameter is for speedometer accuracy only. Odometer accuracy is not being improved by doing this. Again, this is per my calcs, or IMHO in internet speak.

·
Registered
120 Posts
seems like 245-45-R18 is ok to run with the stock wheels and suspension (spoke with tirerack now)

so i will swap the tires first and keep you all posted.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Your going to mess up your abs and traction control if u go wider then 225 dont do it unless u plan on payong for a new abs control module

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have put on the 255/50/18 v106 Toyo tires and they fit fine I was looking to go wider and wondering if anybody has done that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The member Skywagon installed 255/45/18 and while it fills up the wheel well to me it looks a little too big...
I'm surprised he decided to lower his car knowing that he was running tires already much bigger then stock.

The best size I've seen installed is 245/45/18 it gives the look of a full wheel well but doesn't look to big, it looks like it could be the stock size. there are few members that have done this size and all report better ride.

Once my stock tires wear out I will be installing a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS in that size (245/45) I love the look of them.

Note to Skywagon: I am not making any personal attacks towards you or your car, it looks better now that its lowered so ill give you that its just the sidewalls of the tires look too tall for the sportyness/luxury look of the car.
I went with the Toyo 255/50/18 V106 and they fit perfect I just wish they were actually a little wider any suggestions or do you know if they will fit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts