Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 80 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
I just got an answer from an MnSoft Representative.

"We are releasing the updates periodically as they are completed. Due to having an agreement for 2018 and newer vehicles with Hyundai, they were the first to receive the download ability. Once the remaining downloads are completed and tested for the remaining models/years, they will be loaded to the current website that we are using and should be free of cost."

Definitely a bit of mixed messaging here, with what @RickSF17 was told, but it seems to make sense. I'll keep waiting.

Oh yeah, also in a previous answer the representative told me that the Canadian update is coming and to just check back in a week or two.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2018 downloaded update didn't work initially, but I installed successfully from another 32GB SD card.
My impression is that the system has a snappier response than before.
Also, we now have the nature sounds that are included with the 2020 models.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ive had my Elantra for 4 years, and havent upgraded the maps at all.. But now that they are saying its free, Im going stir crazy refreshing the site to see when I can do it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
May be not for all models
Only 2018 and newer!
That's not what the MapNSoft representative said. They said after some time the older models will get downloadable updates too, they are just starting with the newer models because that is their first obligation with Hyundai. Also the website which @Tyler Sewall referred to is separate from MapNSoft.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Did my 2018 Sonata today. Help desk had to tell me to insert the SD card at the beginning. A change from the last two years. Downloaded and installed on the SD card in a few minutes. Much, much faster than before.

·
Registered
2015 Sonata Limited 2.4
17 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the card for my 2015 Sonata. Received it a couple days ago and updated. Mostly UI updates, software may be a little more optimized for older hardware such as my 2015 (switching modes and menus seems quicker), some nice little feature additions to maps. Nothing I can see to CarPlay. I did find one bug. It wiped-out all the station graphics for SirusXM channels during the update and never re-downloaded them. They're all the default SiriusXM graphic. No way to force a re-download of just those. I guess I will try a factory reset and see if that will do it.
Thanks for relating your experience. Did the SiriusXM station images return? Any other unwanted side effects since the update?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for relating your experience. Did the SiriusXM station images return? Any other unwanted side effects since the update?
I don't use SiriusXM so I don't know. The first time I pressed MODE on the steering wheel a menu popped up which let me select which MODEs could be selected by the button. Sirius was one of them. I selected AM and FM and so it is. My navigation map no longer indicates traffic conditions, I'm guessing there is another menu I'll come across some day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Alright, some more news! The updates for Canadian Hyundais are live now. @Nougat haha I told you so. :p
@Nougat, @2424Goldie the update for our 2015 Sonatas is available for purchase now, $52.36 CAD after shipping.

Just as with the US variants, the 2018 and newer models have FREE downloadable updates available. Now we begin the wait for downloadable updates for older models 😬

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Also another interesting update. The website now shows a "Media Needed for Download Option" line in the update description for the 2015-2017 models (US & Canada), something which did not use to be there (you can look at older screenshots earlier in this thread).
In my eyes this proves that downloadable free updates are indeed coming to the older models, just like I was told by that representative.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Very interesting! The update has gotten big enough that the 16 GB card in our ‘15 is too small so you have to buy a 32 GB card. Instead of worrying about compatibility (it shouldn’t be an issue but I had a compatibility nightmare with my BlackVue dashcam) I’ll just buy the update with a new card.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Very interesting! The update has gotten big enough that the 16 GB card in our ‘15 is too small so you have to buy a 32 GB card. Instead of worrying about compatibility (it shouldn’t be an issue but I had a compatibility nightmare with my BlackVue dashcam) I’ll just buy the update with a new card.
Yeah, for one I know that they added those ambiance sounds, and of course the map data only grows and grows. I'm personally also hoping that they back-ported the newer Android version onto our head units, so that I can mess around with that.

And if you're wondering the approximate size, it reached JUST over 16GB, as can be seen from the global Navigation Update website:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Alright, some more news! The updates for Canadian Hyundais are live now. @Nougat haha I told you so. :p
@Nougat, @2424Goldie the update for our 2015 Sonatas is available for purchase now, $52.36 CAD after shipping.

Just as with the US variants, the 2018 and newer models have FREE downloadable updates available. Now we begin the wait for downloadable updates for older models 😬
Color me surprised, after the previous mess I assumed we'd see the same thing again with a long lead-time for translation. Based on the language you're showing in their site it looks like the 2015 will be getting the download option so I'll wait for awhile and see what the deal is.

·
Registered
230 Posts
By the way, for anyone that's gone the download route and had to buy a new SD card please let us know exactly what card you bought so we can keep track of which cards have verified compatibility.

·
Registered
Sonata 2015 2.0 T-GDI Ultimate
19 Posts
Also another interesting update. The website now shows a "Media Needed for Download Option" line in the update description for the 2015-2017 models (US & Canada), something which did not use to be there (you can look at older screenshots earlier in this thread).
In my eyes this proves that downloadable free updates are indeed coming to the older models, just like I was told by that representative.
View attachment 447587
i bought the SD card and now its in California, i dont know should i pay 60$ to ship it to UAE or skip it and wait for the downloadable version :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Its weird that its saying PERSONAL SD Card (even my vehicle says that - 17 Elantra Limited), instead of Vehicle SD card, as my car already has the SD card... Unless the current SD card is too small for the latest update. I should pop mine out and see if it says 16 gig on it

View attachment 447587

·
Registered
171 Posts
Its weird that its saying PERSONAL SD Card (even my vehicle says that - 17 Elantra Limited), instead of Vehicle SD card, as my car already has the SD card... Unless the current SD card is too small for the latest update. I should pop mine out and see if it says 16 gig on it
Yup, my current card is a 16 gig, guess I better order up a 32 gig in anticipation of the free download

·
Registered
171 Posts
By the way, for anyone that's gone the download route and had to buy a new SD card please let us know exactly what card you bought so we can keep track of which cards have verified compatibility.
In the online manual it says: Media Needed: ▪ For vehicles with SD card Slot: For some models, a Class 10 aftermarket 32 GB SD card is required.

61 - 80 of 196 Posts