Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to the new mapnsoft website, software updates are now going to be very cheap, even for the shipped SD card version. Also, when I log in and enter my VIN, it looks like there now is ONLY the option to ship the SD card, nothing about downloading the update yourself.

It seems like now you NEED to make an account to even see the updates for your car.

Anyway, I just wanted to share the news. It looks like this is a very new website still under development. For example, the 'New Features Guide' link is broken right now for my car (as of writing this post). I hope this isn't a weird late April fool's prank, or a strange error.

Cheers!

UPDATES:
1. Shipping to Ontario, Canada seems to be just over $20CAD, so you can have the update for just over $50CAD.
2. The New Features Guide for update 14 is now available. Check it out!
3. Updates can now be purchased for US and Canada Sonatas
4. FREE updates can be downloaded for 2018 and newer US and Canada sonatas

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
"A download option for Version 14.5 will be available for newer models starting in July."

Not sure what the newer models will include. The map updates support may be winding down.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"A download option for Version 14.5 will be available for newer models starting in July."

Not sure what the newer models will include. The map updates support may be winding down.
Yeah, that message is so weird, given that it's on the front page, not related to any specific year. We'll see I guess. But still, $50 updates instead of $200+ is great, even if for some reason it doesn't last.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
supposed to be free for 3 years. starting with 2018my, i think. so, free for me if i wait till july, but 25$ for card/usd. and i still say waze puts here to shame

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wow thanks for the information! I paid the big price May of last year when I bought my car to get Apple CarPlay and I wasn’t going to update it further at that price. But at this new price, I’m definitely going to keep it updated

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just spoke with an mapnsoft representative over their chat, to ask about the upcoming updates. He basically knew NOTHING.
He initially didn't know anything about free download updates being a thing, so I had to show him their FAQ section.
He didn't know which cars are considered "select models" which will receive update 14.5 in July.
Literally all he could tell me is what the banner on their site already says, that version 14 is coming on April 27th and it will cost $30 plus shipping.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATES: Downloadable updates are coming sooner than previously mentioned - May 15th! And if their FAQ section is to be believed, they should be FREE!

Also even though it's April 27th today, the option to purchase the SD card update for my 2015 Sonata is still not there (note the part in orange at the bottom). Maybe it will appear later today.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
FYI, this morning when I checked for our 2014 Santa Fe it stated the same."No updates are currently available". I was able to order it now at 1715 hrs. I would check again in a few hours and see if it changed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine is also not available yet, although the USA version is now and they would ship it to me in Canada if I went ahead with the order haha.
Also yet another change on the site:

·
Registered
347 Posts
I’m curious to know what the "download option not available for all models" will include. I hope my ‘15 will not be part of those, I don’t need nor want to pay for a new SD card update.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m curious to know what the "download option not available for all models" will include. I hope my ‘15 will not be part of those, I don’t need nor want to pay for a new SD card update.
The mapnsoft "support" person I spoke to said they'd assume our 2015 models would be supported. After all, downloadable updates were available for our models before this change. I think they're just covering their asses with that disclaimer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE: The 'Global' Hyundai software update site is now available in English. The option page to download the installer is there, however clicking the DOWNLOAD button brings up a 'coming soon' image.

Once again we see an asterisk on the 'FREE'. Unfortunately there is nowhere on the site to clarify that asterisk. I'm assuming it's the same condition as the one they mention on the mailing website - that not all models will be able to do this update.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Downloads not available yet, but can purchase the SD card map for $25 for my 2016 Sonata now.

Does anyone know if this is a one time free download (starting in mid-May) or can I download updates for free basically for as long as my year/model is supported?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Downloads not available yet, but can purchase the SD card map for $25 for my 2016 Sonata now.

Does anyone know if this is a one time free download (starting in mid-May) or can I download updates for free basically for as long as my year/model is supported?
There has been no mention of it being a one-time thing. I believe it's Hyundai's new program of providing free map/software upgrades across the board from now on. So I'd personally wait the two weeks and see if I can get the v14 update for free.

·
Registered
235 Posts
There has been no mention of it being a one-time thing. I believe it's Hyundai's new program of providing free map/software upgrades across the board from now on. So I'd personally wait the two weeks and see if I can get the v14 update for free.
Well I guess I am just going to be thankful and happy Hyundai decided to provide these for free lol.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Mine is also not available yet, although the USA version is now and they would ship it to me in Canada if I went ahead with the order haha.
Based on previous experience don't expect a Canadian version anytime soon. I think the last time around we got the update more than a year after they got it in the US.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Based on previous experience don't expect a Canadian version anytime soon. I think the last time around we got the update more than a year after they got it in the US.
Currently neither the US of Canadian Sonatas have updates available on the site. It looks like they've pushed back the update to mid-May. They haven't indicated anywhere that specific regions could have delays, and they clearly like to announce all possible disclaimers like that. So I'll be holding my breath at least until the end of May. Then if there's still nothing I'll start holding it until July, which was the date they had previously mentioned for downloads. But we'll see.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts