Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bored and ordered a 3.8 genesis coupe MAF sesnsor (part #: 28164-3F100). the new sensor is slightly bigger than the sonata one and should read lower voltages and help lean out the rich AFR higher rpms (i will use the RRM fuel controller to correct any lean codes).

Pics coming soon

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
question/seeking suggestion:

i currently have the DIY 3" CAI installed. In the garage i have a few 3-3.5 reducers and 1 piece of straight 3.5" pipe.
should i run:
3" CAI piping ---> 3.5" maf ---> 3.5" piping (to throttle body)
or
3" CAI piping ---> 3.5" maf ---> 3" piping (to throttle body)
or
(SRI) cone filter---> 3.5" maf --> 3.5" piping (to throttle body)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have my doubts about a bigger MAF, but I'm glad you're willing to test it out.

I'd say the 1st option... 3" > MAF > 3.5" > TB

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already posted about diffrent MAF's years ago. No performance increases to be made here. Plus you are already using your fuel controller to do just that.
yeah but u used a same/similar sized MAF.

im just trying to see if i can get the car to dump less fuel. my exhaust tips are always black and moist.

·
Registered
205 Posts
yeah but u used a same/similar sized MAF.

im just trying to see if i can get the car to dump less fuel. my exhaust tips are always black and moist.
I am interested to see your results. the 3.5 to 3 inch piping allows you to produce denser air if done correctly. Not sure how the Sonata will hand it and/or if you will throw codes.

Let us know!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mission accomplished. Lean codes :)
Idled a little boggy at first on cold start but I guess ecu got used to the larger mafs and ran fine. Im considering buying an afr meter or going to the dyno for the afr reading.
I got the cel. Cleared it.Drove it on street n 15 miles of highway codes stayed pending in system but didnt show up in dash cel. I think it feels a lil better in upper range or it just might be the fact that I paid 60 for it :p
Will follow up if cel persists. (Currently working on modding the 170deg tstat to keep engine cool incase lean afr causes overheating)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Maf...

I hope it all works to the positive for you Alfu. Bully to you for giving it a bash! Is it possible to reset the ECU to factory default and then relearn/retrain it for the larger MAF? Is this even possible?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally calibrated maf (to eliminate CEL codes at idle and cruising speeds). Using the torque app I still see the afr at 14.7 at idle and cruising but its still going into the 11s at wot. I will reducing the voltage some more in the upper range to try to get voltage into high 12s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts