Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Concept 3 performance

Where did you get them? Did they use the stock calipers?
I got them at concept 3 performance. No its not the stock caliper, it a bigger one. For more info contact [email protected]. Its a real easy installation. There a two stage brake. Brake one the caliper look like the one above and stage two its like a brembo caliper. They very in prices. Mister will from concept 3 will answer your question.

·
Registered
790 Posts
How about a review?

Just the front or the rears as well? If its the rears as well, does it still have a parking brake?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
big break

How about a review?

Just the front or the rears as well? If its the rears as well, does it still have a parking brake?
it is just the front. Its is amazing. I stop at a dime, it takes a lil longer for the brake pads to break in but atleast you know that break pad will last long. The rear would probably be an upgraded rotor. Ill let you know what that shop gets. the installation is quick and easy, the line connect to the side of the caliper where it feeds the fluid, not like our us one where it connects from the top. These brakes are amazing to be honest it looks nice as **** and the good thing you paint them what ever color you want. it look sick as **** too. Got alot of people walking over to look at the car as its in park, low key smiling inside haha.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I hate to throw cold water on this project but screwing around with the brake system voids the warranty on the whole braking system ABS etc. Why would you do this when you have a 5 yr 60K warranty. After warranty your on your own.....

·
Registered
538 Posts
screwing around with the brake system voids the warranty on the whole braking system ABS etc. Why would you do this when you have a 5 yr 60K warranty. After warranty your on your own.....
(sorry if I'm hijacking the thread) I've seen this comment on a lot of threads and wondered how it screws up the anti-lock braking system? The system, the way I understand it, senses wheel lock-up and overrides the driver by pulsating the pressure to the caliper. How can the mods to the caliper/rotor/pads interfere with sensing wheel rotation?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I dont want things breaking when I am braking, so I just leave well enough alone

:)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
(sorry if I'm hijacking the thread) I've seen this comment on a lot of threads and wondered how it screws up the anti-lock braking system? The system, the way I understand it, senses wheel lock-up and overrides the driver by pulsating the pressure to the caliper. How can the mods to the caliper/rotor/pads interfere with sensing wheel rotation?
OP mentioned that he changed the caliper to a 2 stage unit and a different rotor this alone would void warranty. Since he change the system it might also effect the ABS. This was just a thought

If the OP is happy with his modification that's all that count's but that's something I wouldn't do until the warranty was over.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
I am also wondering where you would go for replacement pads and rotors... back to the place where you bought the kit?
I like the idea of changing to better brakes.... but also when I need new brakes now, don't want a 2-3 week wait for parts.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts