Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the 2017 SFS 2.0 T and roomate has the 2014 SFS (not ultimate, one level lower). We both got the $25 Mapn'soft updates.

2014 - Two very annoying things/bugs:

1) Every time you start up the vehicle, it puts it in the Navigation screen/mode. There's no setting anywhere that I can find to change this.

2) The new update randomly enables (you turn it off, it randomly turns it back on) the "speed limit" even if you are NOT using the Navigation. Further, it only alerts you one-way. Example: You are NOT using NAV, you're listening to radio. You are traveling south on a residential road that has a 30 mph speed limit. You are traveling 40 mph. NO alerts, etc. However, you return (now going NORTH on same road) at 40 mph and you get the annoying "slow down" alerts and it won't go away until you actually slow down to 30 mph.

On the "plus" side, when you put the vehicle in reverse, it turns the volume down. (I noticed this on the 2019 or whatever Tuscon I had rented whilst my car was being repaired due to deer).

2017 -
Ironically the only difference I notice is the initial warning screen is longer (verbiage). When putting vehicle in reverse, it does NOT lower the volume. And it does NOT throw me into NAV every time either (it remembers what I was last using and eventually puts me there if possible).

·
Registered
88 Posts
The Nav screen also comes on my 2015 SFS but it does default to the last audio source selected. Strange why they did that.

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2017 SF lowers volume in reverse after update
So upon further investigation, it only lowers the volume on carplay audio. If I am playing FM, AM, or SiriusXM radio, the volume stays the same.

·
Registered
940 Posts
So upon further investigation, it only lowers the volume on carplay audio. If I am playing FM, AM, or SiriusXM radio, the volume stays the same.
Odd, after my update the volume lower on all audio playing when reverse on all mentioned above. FM, AM and Sirius XM as well. Wondering if different year and models might have different results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mjonis

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Odd, after my update the volume lower on all audio playing when reverse on all mentioned above. FM, AM and Sirius XM as well. Wondering if different year and models might have different results.

Same here with our 2014!

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yes, that's why I mentioned for the 2014 my roomate has, the volume lowers (so far on all inputs, but obviously 2014 doesn't have AA or Carplay).

On my 2017 (2.0 T Ultimate) it only seems to lower the volume (although NOWHERE near as noticeably as the 2014 or the 20whatever Tuscon I had for a rental) on Carplay.

I notice no difference on SiriusXM or FM radio when putting in reverse. Volume on those two is typically at 6 or 7, BTW.

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK so the plot thickens.

I opened a ticket with MapnSoft re: the 2014 Santa Fe update issues (randomly changing what input it last used, the random "speed limit" issue with Navigation even though you're not using it,e tc.)

They had me move all the files from the DM_USA or whatever folder to the root of the SD card (replacing any files) and then re -applying the update.

We'll see.

Now, on further note:
Roomate noticed that the "decrease volume while backing up" or whatever setting is in the actual head unit menu somewhere. I'll have to check my 2017 and see where it's at.

On his 2014, the setting doesn't reduce the volume by a percentage, it's just set to change the volume level to 5.
Which may be why I'm not noticing anything on radio/XM because I'm normally at 6, so a decrease of one isn't going to be very noticeable, IMO.

But I'll try to find the settings and see what exactly they do/are.

He also commented that he doesn't notice anything in my car when reversing, but his, we both agreed it's very noticeable.

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the "fix" that Mapnsoft had me do didn't change anything on the 2014. Now they want me to disconnect the car battery for 24 hours.

On my 2017, there's no setting for the sound lowering while in reverse, like there is on the 2014. Go figure.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Well the "fix" that Mapnsoft had me do didn't change anything on the 2014. Now they want me to disconnect the car battery for 24 hours.

On my 2017, there's no setting for the sound lowering while in reverse, like there is on the 2014. Go figure.
Really? That’s odd that they took that out of 2017 and not 2014, I was able to toggle and turn it on/off if I wanted to. I had it off but decided to turn it back on as I think this is a nice safety feature just in case I blasted the $hit out of my audio

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really? That’s odd that they took that out of 2017 and not 2014, I was able to toggle and turn it on/off if I wanted to. I had it off but decided to turn it back on as I think this is a nice safety feature just in case I blasted the $hit out of my audio

Unless they moved it elsewhere. On the 2014 it's in the Setup -> Sounds section.
On my 2017 we couldn't find it anywhere.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I never noticed any settings for my 2015. It lowers the volume by itself when reversing. I will have to take a closer look. Also I notice that the volume for the radio stations is kept separate from the volume on blue-tooth which I really like. I commute an hour each way to work and I listen to audio books which are recorded at a lower volume and therefore you have to crank the volume. Prior to the upgrade, whenever I started up to the car, it defaulted to radio at to the last volume setting which was way too high.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts