Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the 2017 SFS 2.0 T and roomate has the 2014 SFS (not ultimate, one level lower). We both got the $25 Mapn'soft updates.

2014 - Two very annoying things/bugs:

1) Every time you start up the vehicle, it puts it in the Navigation screen/mode. There's no setting anywhere that I can find to change this.

2) The new update randomly enables (you turn it off, it randomly turns it back on) the "speed limit" even if you are NOT using the Navigation. Further, it only alerts you one-way. Example: You are NOT using NAV, you're listening to radio. You are traveling south on a residential road that has a 30 mph speed limit. You are traveling 40 mph. NO alerts, etc. However, you return (now going NORTH on same road) at 40 mph and you get the annoying "slow down" alerts and it won't go away until you actually slow down to 30 mph.

On the "plus" side, when you put the vehicle in reverse, it turns the volume down. (I noticed this on the 2019 or whatever Tuscon I had rented whilst my car was being repaired due to deer).

2017 -
Ironically the only difference I notice is the initial warning screen is longer (verbiage). When putting vehicle in reverse, it does NOT lower the volume. And it does NOT throw me into NAV every time either (it remembers what I was last using and eventually puts me there if possible).

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Nav screen also comes on my 2015 SFS but it does default to the last audio source selected. Strange why they did that.

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2017 SF lowers volume in reverse after update
So upon further investigation, it only lowers the volume on carplay audio. If I am playing FM, AM, or SiriusXM radio, the volume stays the same.

·
Registered
930 Posts
So upon further investigation, it only lowers the volume on carplay audio. If I am playing FM, AM, or SiriusXM radio, the volume stays the same.
Odd, after my update the volume lower on all audio playing when reverse on all mentioned above. FM, AM and Sirius XM as well. Wondering if different year and models might have different results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mjonis

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Odd, after my update the volume lower on all audio playing when reverse on all mentioned above. FM, AM and Sirius XM as well. Wondering if different year and models might have different results.

Same here with our 2014!

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yes, that's why I mentioned for the 2014 my roomate has, the volume lowers (so far on all inputs, but obviously 2014 doesn't have AA or Carplay).

On my 2017 (2.0 T Ultimate) it only seems to lower the volume (although NOWHERE near as noticeably as the 2014 or the 20whatever Tuscon I had for a rental) on Carplay.

I notice no difference on SiriusXM or FM radio when putting in reverse. Volume on those two is typically at 6 or 7, BTW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts