Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
went to get the rims polished at a meguiars detailing shop and they did what they could to polish the microfiber scratches off the finish but they used a air pressure polisher instead of an electric one so the results aren't perfect.... was kinda pricey too.... for washing, and polishing the dish was almost like $100 USD...

Whats the best way to remove those fine marks? :confused:

Here are another two shots that I really like:

:D:D

Unfortunately not shown here is me damaging the side skirt while leaving as the car is too low and got caught on the sidewalk when going down - -lll sidewalks here are like literally ranging from half a foot high to a foot high.... they make them so high as to make it more difficult for cars to park on the sidewalks.... which people do all the time...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Did they come marked like that? Sorry to hear about the side skirt hopefully its the same one u damaged before
no no they didn't, those marks are DEFINATELY from either the microfiber cloths they use to dry them or the sponge they used to wash em... I prolly will have to use a drill with a pad to polish those marks out... will do that when they get repainted...

When I got them:

and now:

be careful with how you wash polished rims... make sure you rinse them off good before you use a sponge or else you'll get hairline scratches like me.... and this is just after 2 weeks.... ouch.... and microfiber cloths aren't perfect... make sure they are soft and clean...

and yah.... its the passenger side.... again.... last time at the embassy was the front... this time the back lol.... either way it's not too bad since I need to get a roof spoiler painted and the headlights so I'll just get the skirt and lip resprayed..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey yefeng what is the offset of those roitform? Did u need to roll the fenders?

·
Registered
54 Posts
19x9.5 et.38, no spacers, no fender rolling, no rubbing.
Hum.. off calculations if i was going get some Xx9 +25 ill have to rolll. Kool thanks yefang. Btw sick ride.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I unno man, you might get off with +25 if you stretch the tires and run more neg. camber...

Staggered?
Nope. Square setup. Looking at cheaper cast 1 piece while keep wheel weight low. The lower offset is for wider track. I might just stick to +35... But anything is possible. Worst case ill just do some fender rolling with my Eastwood if I go +25.

·
Registered
65 Posts
How wide are you running hmong? I'm on 20x10.5 +30 stretched on 235/35 and i had to roll the and pull my fenders with some camber to run them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts