Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sonata is a GLS one model up from the base stick version for 2011. I'm doing a lot more .5 - 1.5 hour drives (2 to 3 hours in a day) and would like to have seats that are more comfortable after long drives.
Do the higher level models have better seats?
I'd like it to be plug and play.

I expect Recaro's to be ridiculously expensive.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Leather seats absolutely rock no matter if it’s hot or freezing. My buddy has em in his 12 . Even the back is heated. I got cloth in my 13 simply because I wasn’t going to pony up $4k for them. I sure do hate the non powered pax seat in mine though . Dummy here just thought if the driver side was the other would be. The cloth stains really easily too mine being tan . I see your point, I love my buddies , mine naahhhh but I live with them.
You can probably find them in a junk yard for some hopefully reasonable price. Call around and check em all. As for plug and play I really doubt it. On the other hand nearly all vehicles come at least partially wired for common options like electric seats. There’s always some adventures when you do something like this though so don’t plan on a super simple swap. Make sure when you get seats to try to take all the hardware and switches.i

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I have a limited with the "leather" and they are meh. Kinda flat and hard on the bottom. I don't think you would gain anything really going to higher level trim of seat. My Fusion seats are shaped better and has better "leather".

You could have them covered and maybe address the cushion if you have issues. You could probably put in Katskin for about 1200-1500 depending on your local installer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the tips, will look into it.
Also, very good to know that the higher end model seats are not much better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the Limited. I also drive about a 1000 miles per week. I find the seats to very comfortable. If by chance my back does start to hurt that I simply adjust the rear either more upright or back a little. Just my opinon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts