Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a "performance" clutch for my Accent 2007. Can't seem to find any on the net ... anyone know where I may find one ?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
What kind of power are you putting out to need a performance clutch? The stock one holds up to at least 160hp without beating on it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking for a clutch that can take more of a beating than the stock one.. I'm at 44k Km's on the car .. its starting to slip.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Spec stage 2??? i thought they only have stage...i guess it can be call stage 0 but better than stock.

I just looked on the site, and they say they have stage 5,,,something is wrong with their site, prolly they meant 05 accent and not 06. btw stage 5 is 439.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (LePapirrikY @ Apr 25 2010, 09:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316602
Spec stage 2??? i thought they only have stage...i guess it can be call stage 0 but better than stock.

I just looked on the site, and they say they have stage 5,,,something is wrong with their site, prolly they meant 05 accent and not 06. btw stage 5 is 439.

Which site is that ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ Apr 24 2010, 09:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316455
What kind of power are you putting out to need a performance clutch? The stock one holds up to at least 160hp without beating on it.
i would have to disagree with that. i had to replace mine not to long ago....

edit to add link

Clutch replacment

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (dAMIAn78 @ Apr 25 2010, 10:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316799
http://www.specclutch.com/cars/Hyundai/Accent/2006/Single

Remember, this is showing fitment for a 2006. I "think" it should work, but I'm not positive. I was going to go with a stage 2+ so I still had close to stock engagement but extra holding power.

This is the breakdown off their stages.
http://www.specclutch.com/products
Stage 2 and 2+ look like good options for close to stock feel. I've had the displeasure of driving a car with an unsprung 6 puck clutch for 2 years (stage 4). I hated every moment of it. Like it says on the website, it's not street friendly. It can be done but it shatters, shudders and clunks a lot. It would only feel good after beating on it, getting the clutch disc hot.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I did some research on HMA and here's what I found. The 2G 1.6 clutch disc has the same OD as the 3G's (215mm) but it's a tad thinner (0.1mm). Both use a 20 spline hub. So yes the clutch disc will work but I don't know if the pressure plate will bolt up to the flywheel. I know the 2.0 Beta clutch and PP will bolt to the 2G's flywheel. I think it's safe to say the 2G clutch and PP will work with the 3G's flywheel. If hyundai decided the flywheel would work for both these engines I don't see why they would have changed it with the AlphaII's.

·
Registered
724 Posts
kinda of makes me want to investigate bellhousing bolt patterns. might be able to turn the MC from quick to fast.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Actually, i just remember now that msvg bought the spec clutch stage 2+, im not 100% sure he got it installed, but i think he did.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Shortly after I bought my Accent, I went on the "official" hyundai-performance website and saw that they sell a performance clutch for it. Needless to say that I ran to the Stealership to ask about it. They told me "No we don't actualy sell this, mainly because it voids your warranty. If you buy it, it means you intend to use it, therefore it means you are not driving your vehicle properly." haha Hyundai, haha.

Thought I should share this with you.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Of course we intend to use it, we are not going to install it and just watch the car for the rest of his life. either way, the only way we can abuse that clutch or engine will be with forced induction and of course nitrous.(or noobs driving MT)

·
Registered
810 Posts
QUOTE (mcfly @ Apr 27 2010, 11:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317327
Shortly after I bought my Accent, I went on the "official" hyundai-performance website and saw that they sell a performance clutch for it. Needless to say that I ran to the Stealership to ask about it. They told me "No we don't actualy sell this, mainly because it voids your warranty. If you buy it, it means you intend to use it, therefore it means you are not driving your vehicle properly." haha Hyundai, haha.

Thought I should share this with you.
I hate stupid dealerships that do this. No, it will not void your warranty - not for your entire vehicle anyway. It would void your clutch's warranty, not that it really has one because good luck convincing a dealer that you didn't ride your clutch, etc, meaning that they automatically get out of warranty work regarding a clutch in the first place. At worst, you void your powertrain warranty if they can prove that your upgraded clutch was the direct cause of failure but that's it. Everything else can and will be supported by the warranty. There is no such thing as a 'open the fuse box cover, replace a fuse, and you void your entire warranty!!!!!11' on a vehicle and any dealership that tries to say otherwise should be receiving a nice little correction phone call from Hyundai Corp after you call them to complain about that dealership's stupidity.

·
Registered
724 Posts
and its not like the dealership pays for the materials and labour out of pocket. they wouldn't have warranties if that were the case.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You guys will remember I had what could have been a serious incident with my oil plug a few months ago. When I called corporate, they got back to me within a day or so.

Call em up and complain, its how we'll keep Hyundai giving us good service, ya know?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts