Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a have 2013 ultra black accent. I drive on the high way about 40miles one way to work. I got a very large amount of bugs on my bumpers.. I get a car wash about once a week but still have trouble getting the caked on bugs off . I know there are a number of products out there but I fig I'd asked u guys what works the best..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
still have trouble getting the caked on bugs off .
Soaking with warm/hot water.

Hydrogen peroxide works pretty good too.

Working on it when the surface is not hot helps a lot.

If you live near the water, this time of year if you leave your car out at night, it might get a good soak treatment just from the heavy dew that collects toward morning. Of course, getting up extra early to finish the job is not much fun.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
Plus a sponge like this, see attached picture:
I never had much luck with solvent based bug removers; maybe the formulation is different now.

I forgot about the scraper sponge though; excellent tool regardless of what you use to soften them up.

The picture looks like something else......until you expand it.
There is a plastic mesh covered dishwashing sponge that works too but it is MUCH more abrasive and extra care is required.

G

·
I use a product called 'Rejex' that keeps the majority of them from sticking & the rest washes off with a microfiber cloth & plain water. It has no abrasives so can be used on any smooth surface.

RejeX Paint Sealant

·
Registered
85 Posts
Cleaning bugs off is also much easier if you wax the areas they splatter on most (front bumper, grill, leading edge of the hood and side mirrors) once a month or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts