Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone,

I am in the market for some new all season tires and need some insight on what tires to purchase. I bought my Sonata in March of this year with 48k miles on it and I'm pretty sure the stock tires are still on the rims. The tread isn't horrible, but having to deal with Chicago winters, I would prefer to have something new and something I trust.

I'm curious to see what all seasons everyone is running, plus how much it costed per tire or for all 4.

Typical specs: 225/45-18 on 18" turbo rims. Let me know what you guys recommend!

Thanks, Shane

·
Registered
937 Posts
I run 245/45/18 on the stock rims and it helps with the traction issues I had with the smaller stock sized tires. I upgraded to the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2's and get roughly 45k to 50k out of them. Check ebay for good prices, I picked mine up for around $450 shipped for all 4.

·
Registered
200 Posts
On my 2014 SE 2.0T, I went from the stock 225/45 x 18 to 235/45 x 18 Pirelli Cinturato P7. They were a decent tire and seemed OK in the snow, the few times I used them in the snow. I did use 235/45 x 18 Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2's, off my wife's 2015 2.0T Sport (she got the snows) one winter and they were actually pretty good. An added benefit of the 235/45 is that your speedo will be accurate. Continental DWS are also said to be good all season.

ominousone

·
Registered
105 Posts
I replaced the factory Hankook h431 with continental pure contact in stock size. The continentals are significantly better in wet and winter. About the same road noise, slightly better ride. Worse for steering response. They are wearing very well. If I did it over again, I would probably get something in the ultra high performance all season category for better steering response, the bfg comp2 AS rates well on tire rack and is cheaper than other high rated tires in the same category. Bridgestone, Goodyear, pirelli and Michelin are running $70-80 rebates right now according to tire rack.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Michelin Primacy MXM4, standard size. Softer sidewall than the AS/3 and correspondingly quieter, smoother ride. Drove in the mountains with snow on the road without any problems.

Reactions: Richard Bicker

·
Registered
39 Posts
For every day used it doesn't really matter... Find something that All Season has S/M with lots of threads like up to 800+ with rates of A or AA and good temperature that will save you a bit on gas. I have steel rims with hub caps and I've got a great deal if you're members with Costco. Costco Switch off brands from BFG to Michelin Tires and Which I end up with Michelin. If you like to speed because of that turbo and do so semi racing great some street slick. Two great brand are BFG & NITTO. This is just a off topic however if you don't mind about name brand get generic brand. It's a 50/50 some generic band has longer life than have greater rates and thread life. But on the other hands some has less traction on raining days. But only applies to when stop at red light or stop signs. Hope writing is understandable.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Continental Extreme Contact DWS 6
I have a second pair of the DWS's on my wifes Sonata (stock size Limited 17s, first set was the non-06's). And it does well in inclement weather that I finally got a set for my Fusion and put them on my OEM (winter) rims.

Wife drives normal. We dont get enough snow to get dedicated snows and its been warmer last few season where dedicated snows would have a shorter life span overall. They also did fantastic during a rain squall with lots of standing water. Car was pretty composed going through it.

I drive...well...aggressive. We will see how they do with my style. LOL! >:D

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
On my 2014 SE 2.0T, I went from the stock 225/45 x 18 to 235/45 x 18 Pirelli Cinturato P7. They were a decent tire and seemed OK in the snow, the few times I used them in the snow. I did use 235/45 x 18 Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2's, off my wife's 2015 2.0T Sport (she got the snows) one winter and they were actually pretty good. An added benefit of the 235/45 is that your speedo will be accurate. Continental DWS are also said to be good all season.

ominousone
By speedo being accurate, you mean within 1 MPH. You cannot increase the diameter of the tire without affecting the speedo. However, this change will only make up to 1 MPH difference when you get to 90+ MPH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts