Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my amp will be here tomorrow.

Does anyone know the best and easiest place to run a power wire through the firewall? Pics would be great if you can get them.

Also, I'm going to have to put in a line level converter, or run line level wires to the amp. I'm thinking behind the unit would be the easiest place to tap into those wires. Anyone know the color of the rear speakers, and which ones are + and -?

I tried to register with www.hamservice.com, but for some reason it just freezes.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Left side on the firewall there's a removable plug it's above your main wire harness.

I'll get you some pic's tomorrow if you need them. I've very tired.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Under the dash to the left of the steering nuckle

On the driver's side of the firewall in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
793 Posts
lol wish i'd known this before running a cable through the same grommet as that bunch of wires up & to the right of that plug... i had no idea there was a plug w/ an open hole!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the inside of the car, it looks like a knock out plug, but you can't see it on the outside (engine side). I took a 3/8" drill bit and drilled in the circle on the inside. Lots of room to drill.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I see you found what I was talking about. Wish I had before I ran mine through the main cable harness. Something I need to fix lol..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts