Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure why, but base model Elantras wit the cloth seats stain so easily.

What do you guys use to keep your seats clean BESIDES seat covers?

I don't want to use seat covers because none of them are really true to fit, per say.

I've used multiple products from Walmart/ Advance Auto, etc, the trick is to use a rag & make sure the seat gets wet all the way to the seams, but when it dries, the stain is usually still there, just lighter, even if you repeat the process a couple of times, still there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the Bissell 3624. It works fairly well but may not get harder stains out. May require steam cleaner or heavy cleaner solution to get out tough stains.
If you want to try a cheaper option, spray down an entire section of seat with either water or carpet solution and vacuum it dry with the vacuums at the car wash.

·
Registered
480 Posts
If you want to try a cheaper option, spray down an entire section of seat with either water or carpet solution and vacuum it dry with the vacuums at the car wash.
Why destroy your home vacuum cleaner when you can destroy the local small business owner's $10k industrial vacuum cleaner instead? :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Car seats...yeah right. Those are for hoopties. Makes a nice car look so trashy. Plus they are not exact fit..you are right.. Dont need them.

Went thru this ordeal when Sprite spilt on back seat. I have gray cloth seats
Failed: Turtle Wax Upholstery (any can will fail)

Worked (Finally):
BISSELL Little Green Portable Spot and Stain Cleaner Walmart $80
Followed up by a Wet/Dry Vac. You must make sure to suck up all the liquid left over by the Bissell machine orelese you will still see water stains.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Why destroy your home vacuum cleaner when you can destroy the local small business owner's $10k industrial vacuum cleaner instead? :)
?

I don't find they stain that easily at least compared to the cloth in the VUE.

I used a Bissell Lil Green Machine, around $50.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts