Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

First, let me introduce myself. I'm Jim, I live in the Netherlands, and I have recently bought a 2007 model 1.4 petrol i30.

I love the car, but I am used to a little more power.

I would love some suggestions for the best bang I can get for my buck. Perhaps a turbo kit or exhaust system?

I read a post somewhere suggesting a nitrous kit might be the best way of adding a lot of power, but I worry about the strain that might put on the engine. Also, I would prefer a mod I might have a chance of fitting myself, and I have heard that nitrous is best done by a pro.

Has anyone out there had experience of successfully power modding the 1.4?

TIA.

·
Registered
735 Posts
QUOTE (mort8104 @ May 7 2010, 07:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320613
Hello all.

First, let me introduce myself. I'm Jim, I live in the Netherlands, and I have recently bought a 2007 model 1.4 petrol i30.

I love the car, but I am used to a little more power.

I would love some suggestions for the best bang I can get for my buck. Perhaps a turbo kit or exhaust system?

I read a post somewhere suggesting a nitrous kit might be the best way of adding a lot of power, but I worry about the strain that might put on the engine. Also, I would prefer a mod I might have a chance of fitting myself, and I have heard that nitrous is best done by a pro.

Has anyone out there had experience of successfully power modding the 1.4?

TIA.
Hi Jim
There have been reports that the 1.4 is under engined for its weight and many people find exactly what you have found and really there isn't much you can do to improve the product really as you say turbo may blow the 1.4 engine as its a bit on the small side for a turbo and turbo's perform better with diesel engines or larger engines really.

Just use it as it is for now pal and save up for a while then trade it for an i30 1.6 Turbo diesel as these really perform well and performance can be given a boost :) Plus they do around 60 miles to the gallon so thats a big plus too.

cheers

itza

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (itza @ May 9 2010, 06:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321193
Just use it as it is for now pal and save up for a while then trade it for an i30 1.6 Turbo diesel as these really perform well and performance can be given a boost :) Plus they do around 60 miles to the gallon so thats a big plus too.
Thanks for the sound advice Itza.

I bought the 1.4 because it is cheaper on tax here. You get clobbered in the Netherlands for heavy vehicles, and even worse for diesels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.