Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont want my wheels to stick out a lot but be nearly flush with the fenders. 19s. What is the recommended offset and the absolute lowest offset I can go without looking stupid and causing problems?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have 19x8.75” with a 38 offset. Look at my build thread for some pics. I take some more pics later showing how much they pop out. I just lowered my car more today so the wheels are tucked even more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have 19x8.75” with a 38 offset. Look at my build thread for some pics. I take some more pics later showing how much they pop out. I just lowered my car more today so the wheels are tucked even more.

Any pics with your car lowered and the wheels on? I was thinking of 19s and Megan racing springs. i like my wheels flush or a couple millimetres sticking out....stance nation sonata?lol

·
Registered
515 Posts
Riding on +35mm offsets on my ‘16 Sonata. The wheels look like they’re sticking out but when you look at them closer they’re still inside the fender slightly. I wish I had gone with 19s but instead I have 18s on here. Hope this helps with what you’re looking for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ClutchMaster0x9

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey man your 18' looks great. Nice choice of wheels and its lowered perfectly. The wheels I was interested in had a +42 offset so Im guessing my wheels should be a little more flush with the fender than yours. Is your turning radius still good?

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,757 Posts
Riding on +35mm offsets on my ‘16 Sonata. The wheels look like they’re sticking out but when you look at them closer they’re still inside the fender slightly. I wish I had gone with 19s but instead I have 18s on here. Hope this helps with what you’re looking for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the_owner
Ive seen some other pictures of your car and the wheels and tires look good, is your car lowered at all? The wheel/fender gap in the pictures looks a little less than with the stock 235/45/18 wheels but not quite lie its lowered. im looking for a very mild drop or possibly a slightly taller tire at about 26.5-27" instead of the 26" 235/45 s to close up ther gap a little.

i just gave in and purchased Megan springs that lowers it about 1.5 front and 1.12 rear but if your car is on stock springs but a 0.5-1" taller tire I think Id rather try that and maintain the clearance.

Thanks

·
Registered
515 Posts
the_owner
Ive seen some other pictures of your car and the wheels and tires look good, is your car lowered at all? The wheel/fender gap in the pictures looks a little less than with the stock 235/45/18 wheels but not quite lie its lowered. im looking for a very mild drop or possibly a slightly taller tire at about 26.5-27" instead of the 26" 235/45 s to close up ther gap a little.

i just gave in and purchased Megan springs that lowers it about 1.5 front and 1.12 rear but if your car is on stock springs but a 0.5-1" taller tire I think Id rather try that and maintain the clearance.

Thanks
Hello, and thank you! Yes the car is on stock springs for now and the tires are 235/45/18s so theres no difference in height.. I'm going to get the megan springs that you just purchased because the car does have a lot of gap on flat even roads. Most times I am on uneven road because of how staten island roads are typically. When you have the springs installed I'd love to see pictures!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Dont want my wheels to stick out a lot but be nearly flush with the fenders. 19s. What is the recommended offset and the absolute lowest offset I can go without looking stupid and causing problems?

I use the tyre and rim calculator at: https://www.wheel-size.com/.
Apart from look and stance, I want to achieve a zero to positive scrub radius for good handling results. Depending on overall wheel diameter and width, the offset is between 45 and 52.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm running 19x8.5, +45 offset, wrapped in 245/40. My tires poke just barely outside my fender, I get the occasional rub when I hit big bumps quickly. I just ordered 235/40s, so that should remedy the rubbing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm running 19x8.5, +45 offset, wrapped in 245/40. My tires poke just barely outside my fender, I get the occasional rub when I hit big bumps quickly. I just ordered 235/40s, so that should remedy the rubbing.
**** and my wheel choice was 19x8.5 with a +42 offset running 245/40 tires. But you have a higher offset and you still rub. Maybe I should do 235/40 as well?

·
Registered
772 Posts
**** and my wheel choice was 19x8.5 with a +42 offset running 245/40 tires. But you have a higher offset and you still rub. Maybe I should do 235/40 as well?

Im on 225/40 lowered on coilovers to where the top of the tire tucks under the well and I have no rubbing. Idk if youll get the same results with just springs though.

·
Registered
445 Posts

225 or 235 should be good. the 245 isn't bad at all though...I'm not talking about driveway curb bumps, I'm talking massive speed humps, and huge dips in the road...with more than just me in the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
225 or 235 should be good. the 245 isn't bad at all though...I'm not talking about driveway curb bumps, I'm talking massive speed humps, and huge dips in the road...with more than just me in the car.
Ohh gotcha. Are you lowered? Can you post a pic of your wheel setup? I would like to see how 19s look

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,757 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,757 Posts
I finally found an old thread that has some pictures of lowered LF on ARK and Megan springs
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/lf-2015-sonata-i45/395522-what-will-my-car-look-like-lowered.html

I ordered a set of Megan Springs off Ebay for $ 159.99 delivered, Im still a little on the fence about lowering the car because i dont want any bottoming out / scrapping issues but I want to get rid of some of the wheel /fender gap and the Megan springs are pretty mild drop 1.5' front 1.125 rear. Hope to install over Christmas will be staying on stock Sport rims 18x8.5 with 235/45/18 tires for now. When they need replacement id like to try 245/45 to get back 0.5 of the ground clearance and fill the wheel well a little more if they dont rub. ill post pictures after install in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What about the TPMS sensors. Are the stock ones fine to swap over to the new wheels? Or should I purchase new ones? And is it easy to reset the TPMS system in the LF?

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,757 Posts
What about the TPMS sensors. Are the stock ones fine to swap over to the new wheels? Or should I purchase new ones? And is it easy to reset the TPMS system in the LF?

Replacement sets off Ebay are only about $30.00, so reuse your OE if you are selling the old wheels. If you are keeping the old wheels and may use them buy a new set.

The car will read the new ones without a reset . just may take a few miles driving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2016 sonata se with 205-65r16 on there and I got 18x8 +38 offset with 235/45s will they work with no issues?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts