Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
I have a 2013 GD i30 Automatic 1.8l petrol with 85000ks on it.
My wife and I are looking at towing a camper trailer around the 1000 kg mark. We were hoping out current vehicle would suffice however we have heard that it will struggle.
Without going to a lager car, I would like your opinions as to what Hyundai available in Australia would be best for towing this weight (without going to something large like a Sante Fe). I don't mind whether petrol or diesel (so happy to hear pros and cons of both).
Would AWD be better than front wheel drive?
Can't wait for your personal experiences to help guide me.
We love our Hyundais, we have had a lot of the small ones but nothing bigger than an i30.
Thanks for reading and keep safe.
Arthur S

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Folks,
I have a 2013 GD i30 Automatic 1.8l petrol with 85000ks on it.
My wife and I are looking at towing a camper trailer around the 1000 kg mark. We were hoping out current vehicle would suffice however we have heard that it will struggle.
Without going to a lager car, I would like your opinions as to what Hyundai available in Australia would be best for towing this weight (without going to something large like a Sante Fe). I don't mind whether petrol or diesel (so happy to hear pros and cons of both).
Would AWD be better than front wheel drive?
Can't wait for your personal experiences to help guide me.
We love our Hyundais, we have had a lot of the small ones but nothing bigger than an i30.
Thanks for reading and keep safe.
Arthur S
I have a 2016 Hyundai Tuscon Elite diesel and used to tow a small caravan 1200kg, ball weight 100kg. It did it no problem and even gave 9/100l economy when towing. Actually it was fun overtaking all the bigger 4x4's going up hills. Don't forget the diesel has 136kw and 400nm torgue so its got a fair bit of grunt, earlier 6cyl 4x4's don't have that much they rely on their weight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts