Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a way to lower my 2009 Sonata without being too pricey. I had originally decided to go with Ksport coilovers since the max drop from lowering springs so far have been the H&R 1.4+1.3 inch. However, I have decided I would rather go with lowering springs and save up for some rims.

So my question is, are there any lowering springs that will drop more than the H&R?

Also it would be helpful to get some pictures of the gap between the tire and fender for people who already have some of these springs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
QUOTE (Cowsride @ Apr 19 2010, 08:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314757
Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a way to lower my 2009 Sonata without being too pricey. I had originally decided to go with Ksport coilovers since the max drop from lowering springs so far have been the H&R 1.4+1.3 inch. However, I have decided I would rather go with lowering springs and save up for some rims.

So my question is, are there any lowering springs that will drop more than the H&R?

Also it would be helpful to get some pictures of the gap between the tire and fender for people who already have some of these springs.

I found this thread where some members were discussing this very issue. Hope it helps out.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?sh...owering+springs

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help. I see how difficult it is to order them, but I still am wondering if there are springs that drop more than the H&R.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I think H&R is the only one readily available that has the most drop. The front seemed like it dropped more than 1.4"... maybe around 2"? But I have the V6, so that adds more pounds.
its a bad pic, but you can kind of see it... I'll take a pic with something in between the gap.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh yeah I have a 4 cyl.. But I looked at older threads and seems like Megan is developing some springs so I'm doing some very wishful thinking right now.
I'd like it if the H&R's dropped mine as much as yours, but I'd enjoy 0.5 inches more too :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ looks real nice :)

I guess I'm just going to wait for Megan Racing springs.
I just talked to James from Megan Racing and he said that they're getting a new prototype in soon. The other ones that they had were made for the Sonata overseas and so they didn't work out.
Anyways the projected drop he said would be about 1.6-1.8" and so that'll hopefully be enough for me.
If everything goes well, we should all see new lowering springs on the market in June :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
H&Rs on 2009 Sonata V6 Limited

Front - about 1/2 inch from fender to tire.

Rear - about 3/4 inch from fender to tire.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (riceR @ Apr 22 2010, 11:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315643
H&Rs on 2009 Sonata V6 Limited

Front - about 1/2 inch from fender to tire.

Rear - about 3/4 inch from fender to tire.
What inch rims are those with?
Looks good.
I wonder if I should bother waiting for Megan springs to be released
Does anyone have an opinion of better springs; megan or H&R?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
QUOTE (Cowsride @ Apr 23 2010, 12:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316036
What inch rims are those with?
Looks good.
I wonder if I should bother waiting for Megan springs to be released
Does anyone have an opinion of better springs; megan or H&R?
OEM Limited wheels 17x6.5. If you're not in a hurry to lower the car, then wait for the Megan Racing springs to come out... it shouldn't be much longer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (riceR @ Apr 23 2010, 01:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316054
OEM Limited wheels 17x6.5. If you're not in a hurry to lower the car, then wait for the Megan Racing springs to come out... it shouldn't be much longer.
Yeah I'll try to be patient. It's just that I only have DIY stuff done now and I'm getting a bit antsy to start the makeover.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts