Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. maybe it wasn't exactly the most impulsive move I've made but def one I don't regret. I've been on the market for a car for about a month or 2 now.. and have yet to find anything that I was really thrilled about. Almost pulled the trigger on a used Lexus ES350 (fully loaded) but decided to go check out the Sonata just for fun.

4 words: love @ first sight! :w00t:

I didn't need any further convincing after the test drive haha and i suppose the 2.9 APR financing did not hurt ;)

And probably my fav thing about this car? The Wine interior!!
I know some people aren't huge fans of it.. but you MUST check it out in person to appreciate how it enhances the interior's image! The color is hard to capture with a camera but trust me, it's worth a look.. or two :)

Now I'm just waiting for my HIDs and some LED bulbs to arrive! wooh hoooo!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (whoadiz @ May 14 2010, 07:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322954
Ok.. maybe it wasn't exactly the most impulsive move I've made but def one I don't regret. I've been on the market for a car for about a month or 2 now.. and have yet to find anything that I was really thrilled about. Almost pulled the trigger on a used Lexus ES350 (fully loaded) but decided to go check out the Sonata just for fun.

I didn't need any further convincing after the test drive haha and i suppose the 2.9 APR financing did not hurt ;)

I know some people aren't huge fans of it.. but you MUST check it out in person to appreciate how it enhances the interior's image! The color is hard to capture with a camera but trust me, it's worth a look.. or two :)

I have not seen the wine interior in person. While it may not be my cup of tea, these photos are the first I've seen where you don't get that magneta/pink look. This looks much better than the other photos I have seen.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I was almost on the same boat (IS 250 or TSX), and ended up with my Sonata. I work hard for my money, and don't care about 'cache'. This car is so much more upscale than the competition it's not even funny. And the warranty speaks for itself. I went with Venetian Red and camel interior, and it looks super classy. Debadged it right away, as with all my cars (just left the middle 'H' symbol, like always, but the 'sonata' and 'limited' are gone). Other than that, will tint it, and maybe all-season mats when they become available OEM. Have WeatherTech on my CRV and stain horribly. Congrats. Have the feeling these things will become as common as Camrys in a bit. Hyundai is going to eventually kick Honda and Toyota's butt with their styling and quality. THey better start getting their act together.

·
Registered
486 Posts
WHOADIZ.....Congratulations.......When I first saw pictures of the wine interior I crossed it off my list, until I saw one like yours in person, I almost bought that car even though the base color was not my first choice. So one really needs to see it in person..... Black on Wine a sharp looking combination..... .

·
Registered
143 Posts
WHOADIZ..nice ride and great shots of the interior and exterior. Whoa! All I can say is Wow! that wine looks just drop dead gorgeous with that Phantom black exterior. Adding tint will really give it that extra touch!

Congratulations.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (whoadiz @ May 14 2010, 07:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322954
Ok.. maybe it wasn't exactly the most impulsive move I've made but def one I don't regret.
Congratulations, and welcome aboard!

I've heard several people say they unexpectedly bought a Hyundai. Some are "just curious", and go to
the Hyundai dealer "just for a test drive". Some of the Hyundai's are pretty seductive, especially when
you can save $2-$5K over competing models. Driving the car is the tipping point for some buyers, who
are blown away by the quality and value.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hmm I think I'll have to take a look at the wine interior in person. The pictures look quite interesting! Congrats on the car man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Was never a fan of the wine interior, but after seeing your picture it looks awesome. Congrats on the new car!

I've seen 7 sonata's total today, waiting for the Turbo is really getting to me. Idk if I can wait much longer

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I never thought to look at the wine interior. However, the pics on yours is pretty darn nice.

QUOTE (arruda89 @ May 15 2010, 09:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323264
I've seen 7 sonata's total today, waiting for the Turbo is really getting to me. Idk if I can wait much longer
I am in the same boat. I am not going on impulse to purchase the Sonata. I need to sell my car, get my wife's paid off, and then I will purchase. I am looking at buying in September/October time frame. By then, I will have my choice narrowed down, have time to let the dealer get exactly what I want in, and hopefully compare it with the Turbo.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks guys!! It's been a great few days of ownership :D and I find that I am liking it more and more every day :)
I really wanted to get the turbo too, but I had already sold my old car off and couldn't stand to wait that long.

The wine interior has been a total hit with everyone who sees my car, they all can't believe that this car is a hyundai! haha

·
Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE (whoadiz @ May 14 2010, 08:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322954

I got my black limited with NAV delivered last April 16 and am really glad to (a) decide with my purchase, no regrets, and (B) have had to wait only a week since I signed for my new car to be delivered. However, seeing this wine red interior for the first time made me think if I should have waited a little longer............nahhh!!! Still love my car and congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same here - my purchase was a "borderline" impulse buy. I was set on a 2007 Infiniti G35, until I cruised through the Hyundai dealership early one morning last week. Liked the looks of the body, and then I saw the SE model with the 18" wheels. I spent the rest of the day at the office looking at online reviews and the hyundai.com website.

Drove one Friday; loved it. Pulled a quote off Zag.com from a local dealer....went to the first dealer I talked to and they matched the price - $200 below invoice. Drove home with an Indigo Blue SE Saturday night.

I LOVE this car. I spent the exact same amount of money I was going to spend on a G and got a brand new car, a 100,000 mile warranty, bluetooth, paddle shifters, etc.

·
Registered
486 Posts
.. Wodadiz......I had been waiting for a White Limited, black interior. All the pictures and the people I had talked to (salesman) said the wine looked real bad....What a CROCK, you got to see this color in person. I found it to be just the perfect accent. Not like the camel that has the lighter lower dash also.
Anyway drove one home last night. This car over delivers so much more that I ever though it could for the price, As a German car line Tech, these cars blow them away at even at three times the price. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts