1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
920 Posts
Great link and info. Too bad they don't have my color for sale. On another note how did you install your spoiler? Drilled or 3m tape?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was planning on drilling but the spoiler didn't include the bolts. It has the fittings for the bolts, so you will need to go to Home Depot or something and match the threads.

So just used the included 3M. I didn't think it would work well but they supply alcohol pad and a primer. Once you use these, the 3M tapes sticks like crazy. I actually aligned it a little off and I couldn't make the spoiler budge. I should have had a second person but I was too excited to wait to install it.

Overall, the quality is amazing, especially for $100 painted and shipped. You can't beat this anywhere.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sure does.

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2.0 터보;1900313 said:
...but for how long will the tape hold? I hope a longtime but I am a little wary.
Then just bolt it on. It's not hard. But once I felt how strong the tape was I figured I will leave it. If loosens up, I'll bolt it down. No biggie.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No worry on the 3M tape not holding up ... it will stick practically forever. Actually if you try taking it off there's a good chance it will rip the paint right off your car. I had this happen from an emblem I put on my mustang awhile ago.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No worry on the 3M tape not holding up ... it will stick practically forever. Actually if you try taking it off there's a good chance it will rip the paint right off your car. I had this happen from an emblem I put on my mustang awhile ago.

This is true. I don't think I could even rip the spoiler off the car. They primer and it really helps it stick.

·
22,793 Posts
3M tape is the bomb. One applied per the instructions, that spoiler isn't going to come off unless you get something under there and "pry it off." The after result and look will be a disaster! One and done!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts