Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at the Posi Quiet brake pads with the Centric rotors and i was just wondering if anyone has had experience with either brands on their car(s)
since I'm not hearing good things about Duralast brakes from autozone. Brakes are getting worse & might need to replace rotors but idk if I do.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought Wagner ThermoQuiet pads from Advanced Auto and slotted rotors from R1Concepts.com.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Been meaning to order brakes and possibly rotors soon as well, except on a tighter budget. Plus the stock setup seems OK enough so was looking at putting in an order at RockAuto (not endorsing them, just pointing them out).

Was going to go with Beck/Arnley (which is known to just source out their parts) which states its "Mfg. Genuine or Sangsin" From most accounts it seems Sangsin is the OEM for Hyundai pads. #0891746

Not sure if rotors are needed either but its sounds like Centric's Premium get good reviews. Especially for their powder coating on the hub portion. Tho I've always just used a little bit of antiseize on that portion and never had tires/rotors get stuck.

Seems Napa's Online site shows they offer their house brand and Zimmerman. Again, Napa is known to source parts from various manufacturers with their own name so its hit or miss at times for me. Looks like from the last part of the #'s maybe they use Raybestos? They also offer Sangsin as well as PBR and house brand pads, albeit at a high price.

Those performance pads and rotors look nice, but yikes are they expensive. Anyone have experience with the GreenStuff pads from EBC? I got them once for my Jetta and they seemed alright, but never used RedStuff.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm running GreenStuff pads up front with cheap off-brand rotors. They had excellent bite initially, but after a few months I can't say I'm impressed. They "wake up" a bit when good and hot, but aren't doing me any favors for normal driving.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh wow thank goodness cuz the stock ones aren't doing justice especially with no ABS system on my Accent. Rather spend money on good rotors then get cheap ones that need replacing a lot. Thanks so much everyone

·
Registered
763 Posts

futura design BBK, not as expensive as you'd think. coming after income tax refund lol

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,796 Posts
Drilled and slotted rotors will wear out the pads faster and actually brake worse. Sure don't need them on the Accent.

The OEM pads are great. It's the rear drum brakes that suck and that is because of the built in proportioning valve in the master cylinder.

I just took my brakes all apart at 92k and the OEMs are still in great shape.

·
Registered
838 Posts
On my 2011 Sportage EX AWD I replaced my pads front, & back, at 40k miles,,, just caught them in time!

Rotors were fine. I tried AutoZones Best Gold Ceramics, reasonable, & better stopping then stock pads! Plus, they're guaranteed forever if they wear out!

keep your reciept.

On my previous 2010 Tucson GLS AWD, at about the same mileage, I replaced them just in time with NAPA's Best Gold Ceramic pads,,, IMO, Not as good as stock, or the AutoZone's pads, plus more expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts