Hyundai Forums banner

Best all season tires

14K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  knightro84 
#1 ·
I have a Sonata sport tech and at 46,000 kilometers the tires seem to be done (My honda CRV tires went 100,000 kilometers). So just wondering what the best all season would be for these. Not worried as much about price. Would like something with decent tread life, good wet performance and as decent a snow performance as possible. Yes I know I should be putting snows on and I plan to for next winter.

#9 ·
I just put a set of Michelin Premier LTX on my wifes Honda CRV. So far they seem pretty good in the snow and are supposed to have great wet performance.
They weren't my first choice but because the rim sizes are 18" my choices were limited.
I'll look in to these Premier A/S.

#3 ·
Ive had great experience with
1. Continental Control Contact Sport A/S
2. Pirelli P Zero Nero GT
3. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus

I got the best mileage out of the Continental on my Infiniti G37 almost 50,000 miles, but I liked the Pirelli ,they were quiet, good handling had them on a 2012 MBZ C250 had about 20,000 miles on them when I got rid of the car but they still looked good.

#5 · (Edited)
Even though my last several sets of tires weren't Michelins, I'd say that Michelin is the best all-around no-season tire. Skip their entry level tires.

I am currently trying General, Cooper, Bridgestone, and Goodyear tires. Some other tires that left me wondering were Continental and Pirelli. Needless to say, if any of the tires wear out again, will go back to some Michelins or Bridgestones. Won't bother with generics, lesser priced, or overhyped brands that have always given me issues over the years.

Most online reviews(ers) don't have a clue.

What size?

#11 ·
I also have a 2014 Santa Fe Sport (only 40K but the tires would not last the winter) and I got the bit more expensive Michelin tires. Better ride and stability, don't wander like it did. Costco had a sale on them, plus tire and tread warranty, install and they also replaced the TPMS seals ($12 more). Now if the TPMS would need replacing, they would only charge for the TMPS (some $40 from them), whole thing was $950. Forget the dealer price and they beat out others due to the forever balancing, tire rotation and warranty they offer. My tires are larger then a Sonata, so a bit more $$.

#15 ·
just changed to Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus

previously Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus,, great tire but gets noisy at half life

I have aftermarket wheels and use 225-50-17 tires

#16 ·
I am on my second set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus. The first set erased in 22K miles, but it seems there was a compound issue and Michelin warrantied them without question. Tire dealer tells me that this second set should do better.

Really good all season tire. The only one I have had that handled rain better was the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06. Scary how those things would stick on wet pavement. Better than many would do on dry!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.