Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased 18x8 wheels and yokohama yk520 tires 225/40/18 for 2006 tib se and have had trouble with vibrations even though tires have been balanced and rebalanced several times and there appears to be no problems with tires or wheels. Are there any recommendations on which all-season tires are best overall for this car? I am most concerned with a comfortable, smooth ride and durability for extensive highway driving and needs to be able to handle mild to moderate snow. Tires I have been considering to replace the yokos with are Bridgestone Pole Positions, Nitto NeoGen or Invo, Continental DWS, or Falken Ze912. I had a 2003 Tib in the past and had a number of problems with tires as well (rapid wear, uncomfortable ride) so am considering it may be just a common problem with this car. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (jmpetty @ Jul 11 2010, 01:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340686
Recently purchased 18x8 wheels and yokohama yk520 tires 225/40/18 for 2006 tib se and have had trouble with vibrations even though tires have been balanced and rebalanced several times and there appears to be no problems with tires or wheels.
Got pics of wheel and where they put balance material to balance ?? What balance machine were they using ? Who was doing the balance ? did they dual plane or single plane the balance ?

Are there any recommendations on which all-season tires are best overall for this car? I am most concerned with a comfortable, smooth ride and durability for extensive highway driving and needs to be able to handle mild to moderate snow.
You aint gonna get all season with them big tires.. you gonna have summer tires on alloy wheels, and winter tires on another set of wheels..

Tires I have been considering to replace the yokos with are Bridgestone Pole Positions, Nitto NeoGen or Invo, Continental DWS, or Falken Ze912.

I had a 2003 Tib in the past and had a number of problems with tires as well :

-->rapid wear
Did you keep up the air, rotates, and good straight align ?? what kind of align numbers you keep ?

--> uncomfortable ride
It's a 2dr coupe with heavy firm suspension to support that V6 up front

so am considering it may be just a common problem with this car.
Thats funny,,

Thanks for the input.
Welcome[/b]

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have purchased 4 235/50ZR -18 Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum 6year/60K mile warranty  I did lots of research on these tires and many people have great things to say about how they ride and wear. I haven’t had them installed yet but the dealership is going to mount, road force and 4 wheel align my car. Hopefully I will finally have a Genesis the rides nice. I’ll report back.

To be honest with you I don't think the tires are going to fix the vibrations my car has either but worth a try.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to switch to the Continental DWS. They have several sites giving strong reviews. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had the Continental tires installed and still getting serious vibrations constantly at speeds over 50mph. Anybody have suggestions on what could be causing these vibrations? I have tried 2 different brands of tires and have had the balance checked several times. The wheels are aftermarket but only plus 1 inch and I have hub rings installed. I did not notice these vibrations with the previous stock tires and 17inch wheels. Thanks for the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts