Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently slid into a curb going about 30 mph on a rainy day. The passenger-side front tire hit the curb with all the car's force and is now bent against the fender so that it will not roll without grinding against the inside of the fender. When they took it on the tow truck, they said it could be a possible A-frame bend, but I'm thinking that or front axle damage. I was wondering how much it would cost to replace either a front axle or an A-frame and possibly the entire wheel. Also, and perhaps more importantly, I need to know how quickly it can be done. Can it be done in under four days?

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, turns out, all the parts mentioned in all those posts plus other need to be replaced. They said it should cost around $2000! Maybe more. They also said in a best-case-scenario, it could be done sometime next week. I'm guessing within the next two to three weeks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I only got one quote, and the final quote, including labor was $2800. which is probably more than the car costs, but I love my car, so I'm fixing it. I went to a junkyard and got the control arms, strut, sub-frame, and steering knuckle. That alone saved me $1200, I won't tell my insurance because it would go up to an astronomical amount that I wouldn't be able to pay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.