Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Newbie here with a question.
just got a 2017 Tucson with the ultimate package. It has the dynamic headlight option, which, according to the owners manual, make the headlights swivel with the steering wheel when the lights are in "auto" mode.

Well, mine do not do this and I wish they did! The dealer says my lights are working properly but they do not "bend". Do the U. S. models not have this, or do I need to dig into this more?

Curious minds want to know.

Thanks for any help.

Bob

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello all. Newbie here with a question.
just got a 2017 Tucson with the ultimate package. It has the dynamic headlight option, which, according to the owners manual, make the headlights swivel with the steering wheel when the lights are in "auto" mode.

Well, mine do not do this and I wish they did! The dealer says my lights are working properly but they do not "bend". Do the U. S. models not have this, or do I need to dig into this more?

Curious minds want to know.

Thanks for any help.

Bob
I don't think you get this with the LED headlights.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
936 Posts
When you start your Tucson at night with the lights set to “auto”, do you see them go through the homing process, (down, left, right then back to up)? Very obvious to see this from the driver’s seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tucson Tony, thanks for your help. Seems to me that if they were so minimal they wouldn't be very useful. I'll give it a trry.

I had a BMW some years ago that had adaptive headlights and they moved quite a bit when turning corners.

We'll see.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Make sure the lights are in "Auto" mode and not "On." On my Elantra, I have noticed that the headlights do turn with the steering wheel, but only when the lights are set to "Auto." When the setting is set to "On," they do not turn when you turn.
Also, they will not move unless your vehicle is in motion.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the HID's and they do bend around corners. I notice it more on sharper turns. I didn't notice it at first and wasn't sure I had it... I kinda like that it isn't super obvious that I see them moving when I'm driving. Everything is just lit up that I need it to be.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yeah, it’s very subtle. If you drive mainly in the city, you might not even notice. I live in the country and noticed it the night I first drove it home.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't usually notice it, but whenever I'm on the very curvy road I drive regularly nearby it's hard to miss as you go from a sharp 35mph turn one way immediately into a sharp turn the other way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts