Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF ...... right before i have to make a 600 mile round trip journey .....anyways i was in line at Jack In The Box . and BAM ... instant SUPERCHARGER [sound] lmao .. i rev and rev to see if it might stop but .. nope ,......... anybody eles notice any belt noise at alll ...im at 50,000 miles .....

and by the way does anyone know how much the belts are ??????????

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,890 Posts
My P/S belt would squeal or squeak under various conditions, but it would go away.  Is this a constant condition?  Not sure I understand the sound it is making based upon your description.  Also, did you drive through a significant amount of water prior to it making the noise?

If it were me, I would go ahead and change out the timing belt as well if you're going to go through the expense of replacing your drive belts.  You're only 10,000 miles short of needing it and they'll be pulling off the drive belts to do that anyway.  

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ Jun 17 2010, 09:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333753
My P/S belt would squeal or squeak under various conditions, but it would go away.  Is this a constant condition?  Not sure I understand the sound it is making based upon your description.  Also, did you drive through a significant amount of water prior to it making the noise?

If it were me, I would go ahead and change out the timing belt as well if you're going to go through the expense of replacing your drive belts.  You're only 10,000 miles short of needing it and they'll be pulling off the drive belts to do that anyway.  
well im glad there so cheap ..... probly get them and put them on there since i have so much to do just to get ready for this trip .... and no i have never drove through water ..... ???

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Sometimes i get that squeak sounds but it goes away in couple minutes. right now im @ 58K really close for new belts. Now i have heard that Hyundai/Kia belts are really bad, in my experience my P/S belt broke within a 2 months of owning the car. Anyone with a bad experience with dealers belts?

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,890 Posts
QUOTE (LePapirrikY @ Jun 17 2010, 12:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333797
Now i have heard that Hyundai/Kia belts are really bad, in my experience my P/S belt broke within a 2 months of owning the car. Anyone with a bad experience with dealers belts?
My dealer replaced mine with the exact belts that the car left the factory with, so my answer to that is sorta.  :p  Although the new belts haven't given me any problems (yet.)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Jun 17 2010, 11:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333978
Yo, if it's making your car sound like it has a supercharger.... keep it. lol.
maybe if it sounded like a kenne bell ... lmao .... this only sounds like its out of a CRACKER JACK BOX ..... dose not sound anywhere appealing ..... anyways took out the system ... and bottle .... hope to see all that will be making it to the SA meet ...... can't wait .....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.