Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2018 Tucson 1.6T Ultimate which I bought in April. Unfortunately, my beauty was banged from the rear by a driver in June (heartbreaking :crying2:). I got it repaired after lots of trouble......initially, they had paint issue, then they had issues with wiring for Auto Rear Trunk opening and lastly rear hatch alignment. Finally, last week, I got my vehicle back (not 100% to my satisfaction) but close to good condition.......However, when I checked the vehicle from the below, behind the bumper, there are a set of wires hanging just like that (attaching the pic). Do you guys also have the same? or am I missing some parts there? Your comments would be useful.

Attachments

·
Registered
847 Posts
The picture is a little dark, but it looks normal to me. they don't look like they are hanging, but again...if you could get more light on that it might be easier to comment.

Reactions: conqr

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Body shops generally aint into putting stuff back the way it was built by maker.. I've had a couple from our body shop with complaint of BSD after body repair..

You can actually swap connectors on a couple model, system wont calibrate.. and had found rear SMK antenna on bumper unplugged, had 1 with cut wires

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Unless something is not working correctly and with no wiring hanging down in plain sight I would not complain about it. Like sbr said the body shops are not the best at making things like they were originally. They call it "bump and paint" for a reason. Sometimes more bumping than needed and little to do with wiring.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah...I get it. The body shops can't put it the way manufacturers do it. It is a pain to go through a collision (at no fault of yours) with not even a 3 months old, technologically sophisticated vehicle like Tucson! Psst!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Those look like the wiring for the rear parking sensors. Are they functioning normally?

There's a bar behind the rear bumper (body shop called it armature) that has holes in which clamps for the rear parking sensors wiring connect.the body shop you used might not have replaced those...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for this update. I am getting my vehicle serviced this Saturday and will check with them if there is something missing there. Meanwhile, I checked with a Friend's Nissan Rogue and apparently, it has a small plate that covers these wiring. I will post a pic soon (proper lighting) of Hyundai and Nissan .....I just wish Hyundai has not done any corner cutting here :( Also off topic but I just failed to understand why they couldn't give adaptable cruise control when they have autonomous braking :( the technology should be the same right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts