Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2013 Azera with Tech. Traded my 12 Sonata, man what a difference in the 2 cars. Here is my question. When you smash the pedal to the floor, to pass or on ramp, just shy of getting to the floor it feels like it gets stuck a little or "hung up" in the downward movement. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't want to have a sticking pedal. I realize if you hit the brake pedal the accelerator is removed but it does not feel correct.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I have a new 2013 Azera with Tech. Traded my 12 Sonata, man what a difference in the 2 cars. Here is my question. When you smash the pedal to the floor, to pass or on ramp, just shy of getting to the floor it feels like it gets stuck a little or "hung up" in the downward movement. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't want to have a sticking pedal. I realize if you hit the brake pedal the accelerator is removed but it does not feel correct.

Thanks
I had the same question... it's normal.. part of the electronic throttle system. I tested a couple of other Azeras after I noticed this. The are all the same.

My son works in the auto industry, and he told me that many of the newer cars have this quirk. Not to worry. I've gotten used to it now.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

Thanks
My 2012 does not do this

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sonata VS Azera

Tell me about the key differences between the Azera and sonata. I'm thinking about upgrading myself.
Had a 2011 SE, 64,000 miles, traded on the 12 Limited, 66,000 miles. I drive a lot for work as you can see. Now I have the Azera. I liked the sonata's but I love this car. There is really not one thing about them that are the same. Maybe somewhat the look but that is where it ends.

The feel, drive quality, refinement, quality of the materials, seat comfort is Night vs Day, just the way you feel when you are in it.

Just yesterday my 16 year old son and I were walking out of Quizno's into a parking lot full of cars, he says that is the nicest looking car here Dad.

Pay the extra and go for it. You only go through this once.....

I will never be able to go back, the Sonata is a great car but the Azera is Fantastic !

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have both, a 2013 Azera and a 2013 Sonata SE 2.0T in my opinion there is a feeling in the Azera of a lot more car for the money than in the Sonata. The Azera feels as if you are driving a much quieter automobile and the road noise is much subdued as compared to the Sonata. The seats are more comfortable and plush as opposed to the Sonata seats. Our Sonata is used as a daily driver and as such it becomes a treat to take a spin in the Azera every couple of weeks. If you want comfort and a nice handling car go Azera. I like driving the Sonata because of the seat of the pants feel when 17 lbs of turbo boost spools up. I don't believe you can go wrong in either choice. Just my opinion however.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
My 2012 does not do this
Interesting.... now that I think of it, when I first tested the Azera, it was a 2012, and I did not notice the pedal feel. I tried 3 of the 2013s, and all I tested had that hesitation at the bottom inch or so of travel when flooring the accelerator.

Years ago, some cars had a mechanical kick down at the bottom of accelerator travel that causes a down shift. It feels a bit like that.

I can understand the OP asking the question. I asked to have mine checked out because it sort of felt like a binding mechanical linkage. (It's not that because it's an electronic throttle) Once I got used to it, no issues.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Thanks
It talks about this in the owners manual. There is a detent at the 80 or 85% throttle mark that you have to push harder to get past. It's by design.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Gas peddle

This is why some 0 to 60 times are different, some sights say 6.7 others say 6.1 I guess the first did not push all the way down. Ha Ha:laugh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts