Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I put in my car, the noise right away starts beeping. When it starts beeping, it never goes away until i turn off the car and take the key out. I also do not have any internal lights. Would anyone know what this is?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Not a clue but should be a dash or display flashing somewhere.

It depends, no way to guess as there is no indication of your vehicle.

FILL IN A DETAILED SIGNATURE AS MINE BELOW. THIS INCLUDES YOUR LOCATION/COUNTRY.

Then someone might have an idea.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Please complete your profile so we know where you are and what you drive.

·
Registered
898 Posts
+1, please follow the advice from the others above. @AUTOSPARK says that when you have an electrical problem you should start by checking all of the fuses so I would do that.
Welcome to the forums, Danny! Good luck!

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0T (11/09/17)
380 Posts
I'm betting he has a driver's door switch issue.
Front door switches have 2 separate contact sets inside; 1 set for the 'door ajar' warning light and dome lamp, the other set is for the 'door warning' and 'red' in-door lamp ground. I think he's hearing the 'key in ignition' bell when he initially puts the key in the ignition, which quits when the vehicle is started. He hears it again when the vehicle travels the distance for the BCM to test the 'door warning' condition and erroneously interprets the door as being open. Then he hears it again when the ignition is shut off until he pulls the key.
The 'red' in-door lamp is behind his view so he wouldn't notice that it is also illuminated.
He may or may not get a dash indication.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
So where's the OP?
@Maciver -- doesn't track re: switches.

Although the two front door switches are two pole, as you suggest,

(a) one pole goes to the BCM input for "front door switch detection" AND to the front door courtesy lamp, so if the BCM is seeing an open front door by that route, the courtesy light in the door would be on as well.
(b) the other pole goes to yet another BCM input for "All Doors" (which is what sets off the dinger), and THAT one also goes to the dash indicator for 'Door Ajar'. This is the line that is paralleled with all of the other door switches to provide a unified interface of an 'open door' event.

So if either (or both) pole is remaining closed with the front doors closed, he should see either (or both) the dash 'Door Ajar' indicator, or if not, then the courtesy light in the offending front door. In other words, if the BCM thinks there's a front door open so as to start dinging the dinger, something is going to light up!

Both of the rear doors are wired (in parallel with the front door and hatch switches) as single pole switches and act as per case (b), above, and you will get the 'Door Ajar' light on the dash.

The last possibility, the single pole hatch switch, is directly connected to its own 'Hatch Ajar' light on the dash along with the (b) case BCM input, above, and is also wired to the cargo light, which if set in the right position, is going to light up, too.

So I see no possible means for a failed door switch causing a ding from the BCM without a corresponding illumination of something, somewhere.

Then again, what do I know? We still don't know what he owns.

·
Registered
59 Posts
As Maciver said, the switch in the door could be bad. Extremely rare, but it can happen. Or shoot, the wiring that runs to the seat belt clippy could be bad. Or R2D2 could be in the back seat. Don't know, but that would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
So where's the OP?
@Maciver -- doesn't track re: switches.

Then again, what do I know? We still don't know what he owns.
We put a lot of effort in diagnosing what the OP requested without the addition key data. Fine discussion and conversation but supposition eh (guessing, could be anything). No posts back of any testing or relevant information.

IMO there is no interest in his own thread.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
We put a lot of effort in diagnosing what the OP requested without the addition key data. Fine discussion and conversation but supposition eh (guessing, could be anything). No posts back of any testing or relevant information.

IMO there is no interest in his own thread.
Savman posted the problem with power loss at speed and didn't fill in his info so his car was a mystery. He messaged me saying he didn't know how to fill in his profile. I told him about clicking on his user name to fill in the blanks - which he did - so now we know he's in the UK and has a diesel.

Can't fault anybody for admitting they don't know something. It could simply be not being sure how to do it.

Hey Danny1958, please click on your user name and give us some basic information about you and the car. We need that info to help you.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Fine, he could have asked in a post. Rather than waiting and wondering.
I've pointed people to the top line before in other post who still did not do it.
Diesel is a quite different.

The board may need a how to sticky on filling it in. I prefer the Signature (what I use) via TOOLS --> EDIT SIGNATURE
Its at the bottom of every post in glorious detail you enter. I don't like the entry in the left column under the name and don't think to look there lots of time, even now. Details are minimal.

Anyway some alarm which must be crucial if its that often. I wonder if the owners manual reflects on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As I put in my car, the noise right away starts beeping. When it starts beeping, it never goes away until i turn off the car and take the key out. I also do not have any internal lights. Would anyone know what this is?
I have 2007 Santa Fe and I'm experiencing the same problem (interior lights no longer work and what sounds like the door ajar chime going off the entire time).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is constant and I took the battery and reset it which made it worse. But my issue with the constant beeping is that when it starts beeping my radio starts changing stations and goes berserk and my navigation system hasn't worked since I bought the car used. I am positive it's an electrical issue I'm just not sure what.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine is constant and I took the battery and reset it which made it worse. But my issue with the constant beeping is that when it starts beeping my radio starts changing stations and goes berserk and my navigation system hasn't worked since I bought the car used. I am positive it's an electrical issue I'm just not sure what.
Check ground connections especially battery negative cable connection to body.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same issue, the visor with the light had fell down and the live wire shorted out and blew a fuse. Replaced the fuse and the dinging stop. A clue is that maybe the dome light stops working or something else on the same fuse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have same problem and no lights on dash

1 - 20 of 21 Posts