Hyundai Forums banner

Beeping noise with no warning lights

137K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Jevene 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys I am new to the forum, I am from the UK, and I have a 2017 newest shape Hyundai i10, the car is making a beeping noise while driving, and there are no warning lights, it happened straight after my wife filled the tank up with fuel, not sure if that had any impact or not, I have uploaded the video to YouTube but I can't put a link up yet as I am a new user.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue.

#3 ·
Thanks for coming back to me, i work for a tyre company, the tpms light isn't coming on, I done all the pressures a couple of weeks ago as the tpms light was on, and when the temperature drops the warning weather icon comes on and the car beeps but it goes off after 5 secs, this new noise only comes when the car is in motion, when the car is stationary its silent.

Came on here to see if there was an easy fix, il bring it to the dealer on sat, my wife will have to deal with the beeping for one more day lol

#8 · (Edited)
I got a beeping noise on 2 occasions 1 was because I had not shut the bonnet properly and another was the boot not closed properly
I also had the tyre pressure warning light come on which is on the right hand side of the instrument panel had difficulty recognizing what it was. Checked all tyre pressure ok but a little low due to freezing weather I assume. What they don't tell you is that to reset the light you have to drive a mile or 2 before it goes off. If it flashes you probably have low air in one tyre. All tyres should have the same pressure

#9 ·
Thanks for this. The wife phoned me tonight complaining that the car was chiming at her again and she had done nothing wrong (? Last time it was stopping the engine in gear (automatic))

Having had just read it, I was able to sound very knowledgeable and walk her through it. Lol

#12 ·
On my i10 the beeping started spasmodically at first. Then continuous. I knew I’d heard the sound before but couldn’t place it. Suddenly realised I’d put a heavy bag on the front passenger seat which meant the seat belt warning was going off. But no visual warning on the dash.

#13 ·
When in the car over the last week there been a warning beep going off about once every couple of minutes. No warning lights come on either. It’s been driving me up the wall trying to find out what it is.
We went to the daughters today and it started happening again. I looked online but all the answers involved warning lights. I looked at the dash cam for some reason and noticed there was a “red lock symbol” showing indicating that the data card was in protected mode and not recording. It wasn’t the cam itself beeping, that noise was coming from behind the clocks.
Turned it off then back on and it’s ok now. It’s a nextbase 512GW in case any of you have the same problem
Problem sorted although I didn’t know it was connected to the beeper behind the clocks

#15 ·
So the Elantra is beeping with the no system lights means have you checked your thermostat when it beeps look at your thermostat if it's above 75%, that's what it is it's a safety Mechanism to let you know to pull over sometimes with this issue that if you take good care of the car it's really just time for a coolant flush to tell that it's time for coolant flush and a new thermostat watch your thermostat and see if it fluctuates even when you driving like it shoot to normal and then I'll know where when you're driving slow or so it gets dramatically hot that's the sign of doing a coolant flush or just add some coolant but I really prefer that you doing coolant flush with a change of the thermostat just to be sure the thermostat's not stuck as well

#17 ·
I am having issues with my lights coming on even when my car is turn off park and not driving. There is no warning signs in the area that is the dashboard. What is the reason for same. They come on and tgen go off. I am scared to drive it. Just wondering if it has shortage or caught fire. please tell me

#18 ·
I am having issues with my lights coming on even when my car is turn off park and not driving. There is no warning signs in the area that is the dashboard. What is the reason for same. They come on and tgen go off. I am scared to drive it. Just wondering if it has shortage or caught fire. please tell me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.