Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new to the forum, I am from the uk, I have a 2017 newest shape Hyundai i10, the car is making a beeping noise while driving, there is no warning lights, it happened straight after my wife filled the tank up with fuel, not sure if that had any impact or not, I have uploaded the video to YouTube but I can't put a link up yet as I am a new user.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for coming back to me, i work for a tyre company, the tpms light isn't coming on, I done all the pressures a couple of weeks ago as the tpms light was on, and when the temperature drops the warning weather icon comes on and the car beeps but it goes off after 5 secs, this new noise only comes when the car is in motion, when the car is stationary its silent.

Came on here to see if there was an easy fix, il bring it to the dealer on sat, my wife will have to deal with the beeping for one more day lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
Strange it happened after putting fuel in? Is the fuel cap on correctly, flap shut ok, all doors shut, handbrake completely off?
All daft things I know, but worth checking. Let us know what it was.
S.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my wife just rang me, found the problem! Little bit embarrassing, She didn't know how to open the fuel cap yesterday as it was a new car and was putting fuel in it for the first time, she pulled the bonnet catch by mistake! So it was the bonnet the whole time, flip sake! Lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
I did wonder, surprised it didn’t show a warning light like a door open.?
Glad it’s sorted, happy motoring.
S.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a beeping noise on 2 occasions 1 was because I had not shut the bonnet properly and another was the boot not closed properly
I also had the tyre pressure warning light come on which is on the right hand side of the instrument panel had difficulty recognizing what it was. Checked all tyre pressure ok but a little low due to freezing weather I assume. What they don't tell you is that to reset the light you have to drive a mile or 2 before it goes off. If it flashes you probably have low air in one tyre. All tyres should have the same pressure

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for this. The wife phoned me tonight complaining that the car was chiming at her again and she had done nothing wrong (? Last time it was stopping the engine in gear (automatic))

Having had just read it, I was able to sound very knowledgeable and walk her through it. Lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
I get a chime every so often and in my case it's my seat belt being a little slack across my coat. A quick tug on the belt stops it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for coming back to me, i work for a tyre company, the tpms light isn't coming on, I done all the pressures a couple of weeks ago as the tpms light was on, and when the temperature drops the warning weather icon comes on and the car beeps but it goes off after 5 secs, this new noise only comes when the car is in motion, when the car is stationary its silent.

Came on here to see if there was an easy fix, il bring it to the dealer on sat, my wife will have to deal with the beeping for one more day lol

So I have a Veracruz, and I was having this same issue. No warning lights, but beeping while driving, silent while stopped. My issue was I had slightly pressed down the emergency brake. Check to make sure it's all the way up! Cleared it up immediately

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my i10 the beeping started spasmodically at first. Then continuous. I knew I’d heard the sound before but couldn’t place it. Suddenly realised I’d put a heavy bag on the front passenger seat which meant the seat belt warning was going off. But no visual warning on the dash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts