Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,173 Posts
I'm not 100% sure since I don't have a diagram either, but I don't think the electric windows are controlled by the BCM.

I'm not that familiar with newer Hyundai, but I think you could tap into the 3 passenger door window control wires in the loom leading into the drivers door in the kickwell area. To power the driver's window you'd need to route a wiring into the door. I've wired a similar circuit only in reverse (to put the windows up when the alarm was armed) on a santa fe a while back. You can buy an electric window lifter unit that's meant to be controlled by the car alarm. There is no reason why you couldn't use the same unit only cut into the wire that makes the window go down.

Just a thought if the BCM idea isn't an option.

Scottie.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,173 Posts
The circuit in the above diagrams is pretty much the same as the Santa Fe I done the alarm on a while back. I think if I was doing your remote start, I'd make it lower the two rear windows. That just saves you routing wires into the driver's door. You should be able to splice into the rear window control wires in the driver's kickwell area at connector FD01. You only need to connect to one wire for each window you want to lower.

I've attached a sample circuit that uses a 12V 5 terminal relay to lower the rear left window. You could just replicate the same circuit on the right rear window too. I've just shown this as an example of what wire you need to cut into on the car. The relay will keep powering the motor as long as it's switched on. You'd need some way of switching the relay off when the window gets to the bottom of it's travel. The window lifter unit I mentioned in my last post uses the same circuit as shown but there's a timer in the lifter unit that controls the relay.

Regards.

Scottie.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.