Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elantra AD: I am looking for Hyundai part number for the BCM that will support following features:

• heated steering wheel
  • heated/ventilated seats
  • TPMS
  • rear + front park assist
  • LKAS
I have found several TPMS references, but I do not have exact supported options break down.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Seems to be a lot of threads where some purchase a lower model and want to add features. This gets to be very complicated. Most BCM's have to be reflashed, but thats only part of it, if you want just a heated steering wheel, will have to purchased that, and the switch to control it. Good question if you have the wiring.

Robots are making wiring harnesses now, can be programmed to add or take away this or that with a push of a button. Cheaper to make them all alike when made by hand.

Then you may void your warranty, your VIN tells exactly what options you have. Some manufacturers can only get dealer installed options, toss all the stuff you already paid for slightly different stuff. Do this so dealers can make more money.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems to be a lot of threads where some purchase a lower model and want to add features. This gets to be very complicated. Most BCM's have to be reflashed, but thats only part of it, if you want just a heated steering wheel, will have to purchased that, and the switch to control it. Good question if you have the wiring.
I have 18 Elantra Sport, so many options are already present: heated steering wheel, rear park assist sensors, heated front seats. Canadian model never came with TPMS option and I would like to have this option added to the car. My dealer was not interested in retrofit. For this to work, BCM replacement is required to gain the wheel sensors antenna.

I have already installed front park assist (PAS) sensors, using all Hyundai parts. Console switches are replaced and wires run to the fuse box, console switches and BCM. The wires are not installed just yet as I am waiting for the KET pins to arrive. This retrofit is popular in Korea and parts of Europe and from what I read BCM replacement is not necessary (but you never know). Front and rear sensors run on the same CAN bus line, so I just might be lucky. Super vision display does support front distance sensor graphics.

I do have schematics and it is not terribly difficult to pin the blank connector blocks, with correct pins.

I found this BCM from European model - fair number of supported features

This is for US spec Alabama made Elantras

I can't seem to find anything on HyundaiPartsDeal that will support PARK'G Assist System or RR PARK'G Assist System (RPAS - rear park assist). Hence my request to GDS access as this should have the list of BCM's.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that GDS is required to pair the wheel sensors (for TPMS) and it is also used to activate features (such as seat memory).

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
I've got a GDS clone though don't hardly use it. But I have gone through it and it has a BCM section that you can toggle and test each function that is already programmed. I have heard that a new BCM needs to be mated to the car too.

·
Registered
12,532 Posts
GsiTurbo said:
Hence my request to GDS access as this should have the list of BCM's.
I don't think GDS will have the info your looking for. That's not what GDS is for. It's not a parts catalogue, it's a diagnostic information resource. It doesn't tell you what features a particular BCM supports. I think you need Hyundai's Mircocat for that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you AUTOSPARK. This is excellent information. I am also leaning towards trying one of the GDS clones off AliExpress.
I have also looked at some of posts you made and you seem to be quite knowledgeable.

·
Registered
12,532 Posts
I am also leaning towards trying one of the GDS clones off AliExpress.
Although GDS is probably the best tool for the kind of retrofits your planning, cheap Chinese clones tend to be supplied with old out of date software. That's not an issue if you own a 2008 Elantra, but might cause a big problem when you try to code a module on a 2018 model. Just something to be aware of before purchase.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I think GDS is now defunct from end of 2016. I have a clone, suits me fine as I look for older broken crap to fix and play with and loaded up to 2016 Euro market and also the US one stops at 2016 but useless for my region

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AUTOSPARK and Gerard 2 - thank you for bringing up these excellent points. It seems GDS V19 supports (CAD/US market) models up to 17 (which is fine, considering Elantra Sport was available as 17 model). With the information that the GDS is becoming 'absolete', what tools/software is Hyundai using for the newer models?
Thank you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quick BCM question - the input signals going into BCM from, for example, from fog lamp switch - what type of signal is it? Are we talking about low voltage DC? (5V? 12V?)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Does anyone have access to part numbers of KDM Avante AD? I can provide KDM VIN via PM - looking for BCM p/n. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A ground as far as I know.
So ground switching circuit with external relay (bypassing BCM altogether) could run rear fog light? I am getting my car ready for transport to EU and one of the items I need to add is the rear fog. I prefer to use factory turn indicator switch with built-in fog lamp switch to accomplish this. Little more expensive but elegant. Ideas?

·
Registered
7,537 Posts
On both my Hyundais all the lights from the stalk are ran by grounding. There should be one hot wire on one of the connectors.

You will see one black wire looped back on the connector. The single wire end is the ground for the regular fog light switch. You can cut the loop, and then just ground the wire for the fogs under the dash. They then will work anytime the key is on and you use the fog switch. No longer dedicated to the low beams.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts