Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-
I’ve got a ‘13 Grand Touring Gen Coupe with a 3.8. It has had intermittent electrical problems (navigation screen not picking up inputs, blinker bulbs dying too soon, seat belt warning out of the blue), but now the headlights have gone out. I have taken it in for the prior electrical issues and the Hyundai reps told me that there is nothing wrong with the electrical, I think because they are trying to avoid liability.
After the headlight failure I took it to an independent auto electrical shop who said I need a new body control module. They also said a Hyundai shop should replace it. I called a few Hyundai service depts and got responses from laughing at me to ignoring my requests for an appointment. I love this car and would like to keep it. What are my options here? Is this something I could replace by myself? Should I buy a new BCM and have another auto shop install it? I don’t have especially high mechanical skills, but love and depend on this vehicle (and obviously need headlights). Any advice would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts