Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Bazooka 10" tube with 250W amp and made the appointment to have it put in at Best Buy tomorrow afternoon. I have the standard GLS sound system and I am hoping the Bazooka fills in the low end of the music. I don't need earth shattering bass. I like the stock stereo and hopefully I will be satisfied with the outcome.

I will post up pics and my initial review tomorrow night after the drive home from the store!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (Trizumi @ Nov 7 2010, 10:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369701
Are you also upgrading the stock door speakers? If so, what speakers did you buy?
I am going to get the Polk audio 6 1/2" speakers for the door next payday. (DB 651s). Heard good things about them, and they are nice and thin for door mounting.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This stereo really hits now! I wasn't expecting the Bazooka to sound as good as it does. I am hearing low notes in songs that I never heard before. The installer tied it into the rear speakers, so the fader control and the bass audio control lets me fine tune the sound. I am highly impressed. I was not expecting this much thump from one tube.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
NEED PICS!!!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (Smoke1991 @ Nov 7 2010, 09:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369832
NEED PICS!!!!
I will get some tomorrow. The install went a little late, the guy had never done any installs on a 2011 Sonata, and had to figure out the way to run the cables. I didn't get home till after dark (which happens at 5pm now), and I am charging my camera back up. The cell phone has no flash, so the pics would suck.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
haha, ok, how much did eveything set you back, i would install it my self but id just need to know exactly what parts i would need to convert rear speaker signal ...etc

·
Registered
717 Posts
Sounds like you got some good mods coming. I think my SE with NAV has pretty good sound so I won't be changing it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (Smoke1991 @ Nov 7 2010, 10:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369839
haha, ok, how much did eveything set you back, i would install it my self but id just need to know exactly what parts i would need to convert rear speaker signal ...etc
The Bazooka was $249 on Amazon.com, the wiring and pieces to install it cost about $50 and Best Buy charged $69.99 for install. I will look on the receipts later for what was needed for hookup. Sounds great though, I am really happy with it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
QUOTE (armycop @ Nov 8 2010, 04:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369974
The Bazooka was $249 on Amazon.com, the wiring and pieces to install it cost about $50 and Best Buy charged $69.99 for install. I will look on the receipts later for what was needed for hookup. Sounds great though, I am really happy with it.

I'd be interested to know where they tapped into the rear door wiring.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
how come you wouldn't be able to just tap into the rear sub woofer?. Also i would think that there is an amp to power the system in the trunk, just tap in from there.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As far as how they tied it into the rear speaker wires I don't know, the installer did all of it, I know nothing about stereo wiring. But here are some pics and what I had to buy to get it to work right... I can just loosen the straps and remove it any time I want, it's just 2 plugs if I need more cargo space...

Here are the parts that they used to install it at Best Buy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts