Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what kind of battery the OEM one is? I need to hook it up to a charger, and the charger requires that I tell it if the battery type is standard, AGM, or gel. I'm betting not gel, but there are no markings on it that indicate if it's AGM or standard.

It came in my 2015 and it's a Rocket, CFM45L-DIN. Internet search didn't turn up the answer.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Can anyone tell me what kind of battery the OEM one is? I need to hook it up to a charger, and the charger requires that I tell it if the battery type is standard, AGM, or gel. I'm betting not gel, but there are no markings on it that indicate if it's AGM or standard.

It came in my 2015 and it's a Rocket, CFM45L-DIN. Internet search didn't turn up the answer.

All your desired info is / should be on a label affixed to top of battery,,, got pics of battery ??

OE battery problems,,, look at production date on door post, add a month or so for battery age,,,

Hyundai OE battery is generally a crap shoot after 3-4yr,, just replace it and be done,, cold weather coming up...

·
Registered
53 Posts
The battery is a lead acid type. There are few designations on the top of the battery and they are,
CMF 45 L
12V
45AH (20 HR)
RC80MIN
CCA 410 (SAE/EN)
I would personally use a CTek charger. It handles the battery automatically (desulfating, charging and maintaining) No need to say the type of battery and it is great at charging batteries that have lost a lot of their charge (as low as down to 2 volts!). Not many chargers manage to do that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The battery is a lead acid type. There are few designations on the top of the battery and they are,
CMF 45 L
12V
45AH (20 HR)
RC80MIN
CCA 410 (SAE/EN)
I would personally use a CTek charger. It handles the battery automatically (desulfating, charging and maintaining) No need to say the type of battery and it is great at charging batteries that have lost a lot of their charge (as low as down to 2 volts!). Not many chargers manage to do that.

Yep, those markings are shown on the top of the battery. Thanks for the confirmation it's lead acid type.

I think the battery is fine, but my car was rear-ended recently and now there's a parasitic current draw somewhere in the electrical system that I need to track down. While the car sits, the battery goes from fully charged to about 10V overnight. Not enough juice to start the car in the morning. I'll have to spend some time today pulling fuses while monitoring the current draw.

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Battery test and DVOM that have mA and 10A test capability for the draw test.. I have super long leads so I can close hood and get full effect with hood switch set and car sit static

Remember that it can take a few minutes for value to count down as systems go to sleep

No more than 50mA static,, but usually see in the 20's as a normal draw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts