Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Can someone please unplug their battery senor and tell me which color wire goes to the top and bottom of the clip. I need to know this becuase i am upgrading my battery terminals and i need this quick because i have work tommorow... Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yellow/orange to top, blue/orange to bottom. Didn't have to unplug it to see it. (But did need better lighting!)

*Edited the colors, poor lighting in my garage made them look different colors. Also verified the correct colors with the wiring diagram.

·
Registered
158 Posts
QUOTE (ryman @ Nov 21 2010, 05:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373647

Can someone please unplug their battery senor and tell me which color wire goes to the top and bottom of the clip. I need to know this becuase i am upgrading my battery terminals and i need this quick because i have work tommorow... Thanks in advance!
It would not make a bit of difference of the order of the wires, voltage is voltage, you get same readings and sensing either way!
:p

·
Registered
136 Posts
QUOTE (hancydan @ Nov 21 2010, 08:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373663
It would not make a bit of difference of the order of the wires, voltage is voltage, you get same readings and sensing either way!
:p
In this case, it does indeed make a difference which way the wires go. The battery sensor is not just simply reading voltage. It also measures current and temperature. Todays automobiles are much more complex than they used to be. If one doesn't understand the new systems, it's best they stay away from them to keep from causing $$$$ damage due to improper service procedures.

From the service manual:
Vehicles have many control units that use more electricity. These units control their own system based on information from diverse sensors. It is important to have a stable power supply as there diverse sensors giving a variety of information. Battery sensor is mounted on battery (-) terminal. It transmits battery voltage, current, temperature information to ECM. ECM controls generating voltage by duty cycle based on these signals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts