Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a new replacement battery because my old one is dying out. Should I get a specific brand or type? There's the plastic looking ones and there's the metal top ones..

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Get a yellow Maxx battery from Walmart. Rated "Best Buy" by Consumers Reports. Free installation and charging system check. Don't waste money, but get a good one. Tell them you want a 24 series.

·
Registered
62 Posts
QUOTE (cooleric2000 @ Jul 13 2010, 01:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341419
I'm about to buy a new replacement battery because my old one is dying out. Should I get a specific brand or type? There's the plastic looking ones and there's the metal top ones..
I Got Mine At Auto Zone 7 Years

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (cooleric2000 @ Jul 13 2010, 02:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341419

Just get a quality Group 26 I think it is, I am partial to AC DELCO Professional line, had 1 that went 9yr (6yr rated and driven 77mile interstate 5 day a week). Left work, stopped by train, shut car off, gates opened, turn key, all black.

·
Registered
62 Posts
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Jul 29 2010, 11:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345891
Just get a quality Group 26 I think it is, I am partial to AC DELCO Professional line, had 1 that went 9yr (6yr rated and driven 77mile interstate 5 day a week). Left work, stopped by train, shut car off, gates opened, turn key, all black.
Well I Took It To The Dealer Today And The battery test was 12.6v good battery, starter test cranking voltage normal 11.39 v
charging test they said normal load off 14.07 v load on 13.98 v diode ripple normal.

So I took The battery back to auto zone Battery Was Ok , So He Checked The Alt load off was 13.06 load on12.55 out put failed.

So The Alt is bad, I knew it.

In the morning I'm taking it to rick case Hyundai There Going To Replace The Alt Under My Extended Premium Platinum Warranty.

So Thats Where I'm At So Far

Thanks For All Your Input
Harley03joe :liebe011:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, it's Sep 2010 and our 2006 Azera has lost not one but two batteries. last time in Nov 2008. Yes, the dealer replaced the battery in Nov 2008 for free. But this time the dealer says the battery, which by the math has been in the car less than two years, will only receive a 50% proration and we have to pay labor charges to R&R. I'm sorry, but two batteries lasting less than two years each is not acceptable. and if the only way I can get a 50% credit towards a new battery is to pay a labor R&R charge, well that's not a battery or product or company I wish to work with in the future. I may have misunderstood my wife (it's her car), but the dealer will only provide the 50% credit if they also R&R the battery.

Two years ago AAA said our battery was a dealer only item so we were pretty happy when we found out it was covered under warranty. Today I called Autozone, Napa, Kragen, Pep Boys, and Sears and they all have a battery for $70-$100 but the non prorated portion of the warranty is 1.5 to 2 years. So to hedge our bets I bought the AAA battery which has a 3 yr non prorated warranty (six years total) for $115 and they came to our car and replaced the battery no additional charge. I struggled a bit about paying $15-$45 more but if the car is killing the battery in 2 yrs then having the longer non prorated warranty might come in handy. And if it's just a shortcoming of the Hyundai battery we'll just be happy we have the AAA service support when we need it!

·
Registered
150 Posts
QUOTE (Purefct @ Sep 20 2010, 01:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357462
Well, it's Sep 2010 and our 2006 Azera has lost not one but two batteries. last time in Nov 2008. Yes, the dealer replaced the battery in Nov 2008 for free. But this time the dealer says the battery, which by the math has been in the car less than two years, will only receive a 50% proration and we have to pay labor charges to R&R. I'm sorry, but two batteries lasting less than two years each is not acceptable. and if the only way I can get a 50% credit towards a new battery is to pay a labor R&R charge, well that's not a battery or product or company I wish to work with in the future. I may have misunderstood my wife (it's her car), but the dealer will only provide the 50% credit if they also R&R the battery.

Two years ago AAA said our battery was a dealer only item so we were pretty happy when we found out it was covered under warranty. Today I called Autozone, Napa, Kragen, Pep Boys, and Sears and they all have a battery for $70-$100 but the non prorated portion of the warranty is 1.5 to 2 years. So to hedge our bets I bought the AAA battery which has a 3 yr non prorated warranty (six years total) for $115 and they came to our car and replaced the battery no additional charge. I struggled a bit about paying $15-$45 more but if the car is killing the battery in 2 yrs then having the longer non prorated warranty might come in handy. And if it's just a shortcoming of the Hyundai battery we'll just be happy we have the AAA service support when we need it!
Thats a really good price $115 was the total price? Thats a really good deal! Is the battery same for all Azeras through 06-08?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts