Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their Genny Sedan 4.6 battery going dead when the car has not been started in four days or more. A charge brought it back to life and it seams fine now, but was not sure if that was normal for this car. I'll have to let it sit again not used for another four days if I can to see if it repeats. I have check and found no lights still on, or any other abnormalites that may be draining the battery. I have heard of other manufacturer cars needing to be run every couple of days due to the high draw of electronics on board, but had not heard anything of the Genny being that way also. If it happens again, I guess I'll have to take it to the dealer to be checked out, as I am not sure what the normal current draw from the battery is when the car is off. Any advice would help and is appreciated.

·
3,861 Posts
:00000732:

4 days of non use should not kill a battery in any vehicle, have the dealer check it out. Normal stand by current draw is typically very low, 30mA to 40mA is about normal for stand by draw from the battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
how many days of non-use?

:00000732:

4 days of non use should not kill a battery in any vehicle, have the dealer check it out. Normal stand by current draw is typically very low, 30mA to 40mA is about normal for stand by draw from the battery.
If true for the 2011 V8, then should one expect .030A x 24hrs/day = 0.72Ahrs/day. The battery has a label with H8 12v 95Ahr.
So 30 days idle would consume 21.6 Ahr, leaving the battery with 73.4/95= 77% of full capacity which I assume should be enough to start my car.
Any comments?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts